Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

THIS. Jim will have to come up with something totally amazeballz visually again to compensate for lack of iconic characters

Indeed, and to me that's the hook.

Everyone keep saying for years how Avatar isn't memorable because nobody remember the characters names. But i always saw the planet itself as the main thing on Avatar, the whole plot is just happening around it.

I do think people will have a hard time remembering the characters, especially after 13 years of nothing related to the franchise on pop culture, but they will remember the exotic and mesmerizing look of the planet and this will bring everyone back to theaters if the visuals of the sequels are exciting and striking like JC knows to make.

I'm not sure this is enough to generate some huge OW (like let's say +150M), i'm expecting something closer to 90-100M but legs should be amazing again if the movie delivers.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Did it get an A+ cinema score?

Ah yes, the Cinemascore paradox.

It's always like that.

When a movie hits an A+ Cinemascore, suddenly Cinemascore is EVERYTHING

When it doesn't, Cinemascore is suddenly "meh, not that important" lmaooo

Just now, grey ghost said:

Did it get an A+ cinema score?

Cinemascore isn't something set in stone.

EndGame have an A+ and didn't behave like one on legs. I doubt NWH will reach 3x aswell.

People loved TFA and the movie make everyone create lots and lots of theories about the sequels (something that to me actually hurts TLJ when nothing expected happened). Now it's easy to see things a little blurred because people start to throw shit at TFA after the sequels but when it was release, the reception isn't different of NWH.

55 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

above endgame is certainly a possibility. and it would confirm my suspicion that Tobey Maguire is worth more than every avenger combined.

He was here before the MCU, and he'll be here long after it.  He is the ORIGINAL GOAT.  😁

Rothman is for sure setting up a conference call with his agents for this week.  

happy spider man GIF

By the way, this was Maguire's MASTER PLAN all along.  He took some years off for family and privacy, and he knew EXACTLY what would re-generate his career with audience goodwill.  Now, he'll be on a roll again...with at least two other projects already announced/being shot.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I almost laughed at the 200m OW for Doctor Strange, but honest to god after seeing Spider Man doing what it is doing why the heck not, I'm not even gonna bother to predict these movies anymore.

It's a direct sequel for NWH and based on the plot leaks, it's even more massive than NWH when it comes to exciting surprise appareances, it's really being made as a giant event movie. The trailer being at the end of NWH is just an evidence of how big they're shaping this thing to be.

I don't think that's enough to match Spidey, but i think it will be kinda close.

Edited by ThomasNicole