Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

11 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

Mon record in play for sure

@GoblinXXR

If it is $65M ($65M.1 to be exact) then my comp nailed it and would push my day-prior comp for Monday to $35M. Assuming Monday is 100 basis points higher as an increase vs Sunday which should be more day-prior presale heavy, then we MIGHT be looking at $42M tomorrow.....

Edited by GoblinXXR
  • Like 1

Just now, Macleod said:

awkward pulp fiction GIF

What thread am I in again?  😁

4. IS OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION OKAY? Off-topic discussions are okay in situations where there's downtime and there aren't any numbers. But when numbers are coming up and things are getting busy, then keep off-topic things down to the minimum.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

All men are beautiful and deserve to be loved for their size.

Pretty sure you just argued my point that Bear Belly Thor should stay. 

14 minutes ago, Cap said:

My Thor 4 hot take is that It’s the one I am least excited about. They announced that movie as Jane Foster Thor and Queer Val at SDCC, and now it’s all about Odinson and the GOTG? This better be massive “don’t look at the man behind the curtain” tactics or else I am gonna be so 

Sad The Little Mermaid GIF

AND! why did Thor have to get jacked again. He was better with the belly. 😡

It's about Thor and Jane Foster (as Mighty Thor), they've made that very clear. The GOTG are almost assuredly going to be in the first act only, they have their own film to be starring in.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

The characters are what truly made this such a lame experience. They had such an incredible cast, full of some of the most dynamic and memorable actors working today. But aside from K-2S0, I can't remember a single detail about any of them. Star Wars works as well as it does because the characters are so engaging and memorable and endearing (that's what helps a lot of the Sequel Trilogy's issues, just how fun and memorable the cast is), but Gareth Edwards just...forgot to write personalities for his cast? Still rooting for that Cassian Andor show though, because Diego Luna is wonderful and pure and deserves the world.

Coming from someone who also had to sit through Godzilla 2014 after getting blue-balled by marketing on how much Cranston was in it, I was unsurprised at Edwards inability to write characters tbh

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoblinXXR said:

If it is $65M ($65M.1 to be exact) then my comp nailed it and would push my day-prior comp for Monday to $35M. Assuming Monday is 100 basis points higher as an increase per Sunday which should be more day-prior presale heavy, then we MIGHT be looking at $42M tomorrow.....

100 basis points = 1%, not sure how this is translating to a 20% PSm increase, you might have to lay the full math out for me (if you care, not actually important 😛 )

4 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

4. IS OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION OKAY? Off-topic discussions are okay in situations where there's downtime and there aren't any numbers. But when numbers are coming up and things are getting busy, then keep off-topic things down to the minimum.

I’ve been leading the off topic charge, but to be fair we got a pretty significant number update in the middle and it did get kind of swamped so I’m gonna try to pivot.

Edited by Weird Alegion

1 minute ago, Weird Alegion said:

100 basis points = 1%, not sure how this is translating to a 20% PSm increase, you might have to lay the full math out for me (if you care, not actually important 😛 )

Forgot a zero. 1000 basis points (or more) over Sunday's PSM increase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

If it is $65M ($65M.1 to be exact) then my comp nailed it and would push my day-prior comp for Monday to $35M. Assuming Monday is 100 basis points higher as an increase vs Sunday which should be more day-prior presale heavy, then we MIGHT be looking at $42M tomorrow.....

TFA and Avatar both dipped around 33/34% so that definitely gets us to $42 million.

1 hour ago, Menor said:

He is nowhere close to Tony's popularity imo. Thor and Peter and the Guardians are bigger, while Tony was unmatched when he had his solo movies. Yeah he will have a big part 2 but that's because of multiverse stuff. 

Not in the sense of BO power yet but the father figure of Phase IV and beyond assuming Thor 4 will be last film or so of Thor.

Popularity wise we will see. I mean the whole fanbase was waiting for Strange to appear in Wanda Vision and Loki. His What If incarnation got very big talk as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cap said:

Speaking of not behaving, @charlie Jatinderdo you think if I said that Tobey Maguire is the worst Spider-Man, I could get us to 100 pages? 😈😈

I will second you on that. 

Last night I wanted to watch trilogy but the 3rd act of Spider-man is blech, I am not gonna watch it any time soon. He looks too old and weird to me. Made me feel to watch TASM1 instead for Garfield but then I remember third act Lizard stuff, so skipped on that too.

• Haha 1