Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

6 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Nahhh, keep Garfield out of the Marvel industrial complex. They don't deserve his talent.

By the sounds of it they're on track to get lots more highly talented actors down the line if these DS2 leaks are anything to by.

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

someone seems biased.

I mean...yeah. Me stating my own opinion is me being biased. Just as people saying that Garfield should be back as Spider-Man are also being biased. Not sure what you're going after here.

• Disbelief 1

Just now, infamous5445 said:

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man-no-way-home-50m-preview-easily-pandemic-record-all-time-for-sony-100m-friday-likely-1234898486/

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Close To Stealing 2nd Best Domestic Box Office Opening Record Away From ‘Infinity War’ With $257M-$260M

tobey-maguire-spider-man.gif

"we did it Sir"

1 minute ago, Eric Osborn said:

I mean...yeah. Me stating my own opinion is me being biased. Just as people saying that Garfield should be back as Spider-Man are also being biased. Not sure what you're going after here.

You made your dislike for comicbook movies known already , i just find it weird that you keep discussing about this subject one way or another.

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

You made your dislike for comicbook movies known already , i just find it weird that you keep discussing about this subject one way or another.

Here's an interesting tidbit: I generally like most of the CBMs that come out every year. Black Widow was a good time, helped by a very endearing and strong supporting cast. Shang-Chi was very much the same. The Suicide Squad was an absolute thrill ride from beginning to end. And No Way Home surprised me on how much I enjoyed it, though I still think Jon Watts can't direct action for shit. I'll probably end up liking Eternals too, because it seems to contain interesting elements I like in these kinds of films. It just so happens that I'm critical on them and have issues with these movies quality-wise. So yeah, despite liking them, I think I am allowed to knock the series down a few pegs or say that I prefer if an actor I love does something I would find more interesting personally. It's cool if people want something different from what I want, but I don't see why I have to keep my mouth shut. It's not like people can't just ignore me or move on to another post.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I mean, I don’t understand this. You can’t make people go see a movie. People want what they want. And no one wanted to see West Side Story or Nightmare Alley. It’s not like they wanted to and couldn’t. You can’t create demand from nowhere.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

I mean, I don’t understand this. You can’t make people go see a movie. People want what they want. And no one wanted to see West Side Story or Nightmare Alley. It’s not like they wanted to and couldn’t. You can’t create demand from nowhere.

I don't think it's nowhere per se. It's just a shame. Oh well.