Eric Duncan

Weekday Numbers (12/27-30) | Asgard 2 says 20.5 Thursday for NWH | Derby is Back!

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Think of it as @Cap's way of forcing you off the board and actually going outside to celebrate New Years. :lol:

UnlawfulPresentAnemone-max-1mb.gif

I think everyone should get off the board And celebrate the new year. I’ve had a bottle of champagne, couple shots of Jamison, and a gummy so like I don’t even know how I’m typing this to you. 

Anyway, happy new year All.  Try and be nice to each other while I am that’s out and wake up hung over.  Jk. Everyone knows your drink 16 ounces of water and take two Advil before going to bed to avoid hangovers!!!

• Like 3

Xmas and New Year occuring in both 2 weekends (2 Eve on both Friday, combining with the factor people want to spend time for family and friends more than go outside for cinema after 2 years of Covid) is nothing different from disaster, even weaker than normal weekends without holiday boost. And the result is that the total gross of 2 holiday weeks may not much different from 2 normal weeks.

Edited by Danhjpn
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Titanic

Star Wars

ET

I dunno, TFA and Endgame? Endgame and avatar?

What about Jaws or GWTW? Both shattered domestic records. Jaws is considered the first blockbuster while GWTW is considered the grand-daddy of them all.

Edited by druv10

Happy new year my fellow box office fanatics. Been lurking the old box office mojo forums since 2003 (Hidalgo was the movie that got me onto box office lmao) and finally made an account on this new forum not long ago.. crazy to see how much time has passed. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Xmas and New Year occuring in both 2 weekends (2 Eve on both Friday, combining with the factor people want to spend time for family and friends more than go outside for cinema after 2 years of Covid) is nothing different from disaster, even weaker than normal weekends without holiday boost. And the result is that the total gross of 2 holiday weeks may not much different from 2 normal weeks.

The holiday weekdays easily made up for the deflated second weekend. And the 3rd weekend will have a pretty soft drop too (likely sub-40%), which also compensates for the harsh second weekend drop. Compare to Infinity War, which had an almost identical OW and just regular weekdays. By the end of its 3rd weekend, it added an additional $290 million after its OW. After its 3rd weekend, NWH will have added an extra $340 million (+/- a few million) since its OW.

32 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Is this you dooming, I can't tell

8 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

The holiday weekdays easily made up for the deflated second weekend. And the 3rd weekend will have a pretty soft drop too (likely sub-40%), which also compensates for the harsh second weekend drop. Compare to Infinity War, which had an almost identical OW and just regular weekdays. By the end of its 3rd weekend, it added an additional $290 million after its OW. After its 3rd weekend, NWH will have added an extra $340 million (+/- a few million) since its OW.

Pretty mediocre net help from the holidays when you put it that way 🤔  

Ah well, it’s all omicron’s fault anyway :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

stronger weekdays balance out the bad weekends, so it turns out normal, not much different from normal weekdays and normal weekends. That's what I mean.

How can you know the 3rd weekend has sub 40% drop? what if it will have more than 50% drop?

Edited by Danhjpn

35 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Pretty mediocre net help from the holidays when you put it that way 🤔  

Ah well, it’s all omicron’s fault anyway :ph34r:

If only 5 million or so people decided to not fall into hype and decided to watch it outside of OW. 210/740 looks better than 260/740.