Eric the IF

The Flash Leaks Discussion | Enter if you dare!

2 hours ago, belblazer said:

Looks like MoS and BvS are still canon, and only JL will be erased. So maybe things will not be like the leaks.

People on Reddit seem to think this means that BvS only happened in broad strokes with Keaton’s Batman instead if Affleck.

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

People on Reddit seem to think this means that BvS only happened in broad strokes with Keaton’s Batman instead if Affleck.

Nah. I don't think they will erase Affleck, but I think that he will die/sacrifice himself for the timeline. So everything really happened with a few changes.

> Lex in jail because of the capitol building bombing

> Neither Lex or anyone created Doomsday, cause Zod is alive

> Superman didn't die

> Earth has its protectors and Steppenwolf never came here

So Man of Steel and Batman V Superman are still canon with changes and Justice League never happened.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, WittyUsername said:

The original Andrew Kevin Walker BvS drafts for a different movie back in the early 2000s were "dark" for their time, too...  Keaton could have played him, then, but the rumors were they were going for a whole new cast... I think Warners might have also had Keaton in mind for a cameo in one of the new Superman iterations at that time, as well...  

Based on Keaton's first two films, it would make total sense that his Batman might have also eventually fallen off the deep-end for a while... so yes, I'm assuming it will all meld together in some nebulous "new hybrid history"...

Edited by Macleod

On 1/13/2022 at 8:00 PM, belblazer said:

Nah. I don't think they will erase Affleck, but I think that he will die/sacrifice himself for the timeline. So everything really happened with a few changes.

> Lex in jail because of the capitol building bombing

> Neither Lex or anyone created Doomsday, cause Zod is alive

> Superman didn't die

> Earth has its protectors and Steppenwolf never came here

So Man of Steel and Batman V Superman are still canon with changes and Justice League never happened.

Yikes it sounds convoluted. Unless Cavill makes a appearance, we can say both affleck/cavill or gone from the DCEU. That would be unfortunate. Cavill's potential was never realized. 

I decided to make this comment here instead of the official thread because the subject can cause distress to fellow DC fans, considering the history of the franchise.

But I don't buy the VFX excuse for The Flash's change of release date at all. Filming wrapped in October, it already had more than 1 year of post-production in the previous release date. Now it will have 20 months (vs 14 months of Aquaman 2, a movie with much more elaborate VFX work). It was also placed before Aquaman 2 on the schedule, so it's not like Wan's movie running from Avatar would justify The Flash moving for story continuity either.

The signs of extensive reshoots / retooling of the movie are there. But we have to keep in mind that people running DC Films and WB now are not the same that were responsible for the theatrical cuts of Suicide Squad and Justice League. If they are making significant changes in the film it doesn't mean the end result will be bad.

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The movie had its first test screening yesterday. ViewerAnon and Grace Randolph have made some rather odd/interesting comments about the movie with regards to the Snyderverse. 

ViewerAnon is the only one who seems to really know things about the movie, the others just make guesses