filmlover

94th Academy Awards Discussion Thread | WHAT JUST HAPPENED

Featuring certified deaf interpreters, the stream will be available on the Academy’s YouTube Channel, free to access on viewers’ personal devices including their phone, tablet or computer, where the stream will operate as a second screen. Additionally, the ASL feed will be directly accessible to viewers streaming the full show at Oscars.com.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:08 AM, grim22 said:

If CODA pulls it off, it will definitely be because Power of the Dog never felt like a frontrunner with a lot of actual support behind it. More like a frontrunner by default between itself and Belfast in a year where most movies didn't have passionate support. The CODA cast is also so likeable when they get on stage to collect their awards that it helped the movie peak at the right time for the wins rather than the nominations.

Which honestly makes me wonder if it will even win for Best Director. Weird to think it will win solely for that when Coda will take Picture and Dune will rake up the tech categories.

In all probability, it will. It's won all the precursors. But those are never 100% and I got a weird feeling there will be an upset there.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

1 hour ago, brothernero said:

What did Elliot Page do to deserve a presenting spot?

They're having different cast mrenbers reunite as presenters. Jennifer Garner's been announced, JK Simmons is there as a nominee,  so a Juno reunion, I guess.

49 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Meanwhile, as everyone prepares for whatever their plans are for the big night tomorrow...

Will Leto put his Razzie next to his Oscar and AARP Movies For Grownups award?

They actually did pick a Worst Bruce Willis Performance, I thought the Razzies might declare it a tie.

It’s a strange one, the Oscar’s gets so much coverage over the whole year. And then they just pile on the show and the viewing figures for a week. 

Then they start all over again. I enjoy the Oscar’s, but I never click on articles about them.  

18 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You won't like it. It's slow and deliberate, and no references to other CBMs

But I liked some of those recently. Licorice is pretty good! No CBM references either!