filmlover

94th Academy Awards Discussion Thread | WHAT JUST HAPPENED

47 minutes ago, baumer said:

How about we acknowledge the wars in the other half dozen areas in the world?  Hollywood doesn't give a shit about the war in Ukraine, I just wish they'd keep their mouth shut and accept their award.  Gervais said it best.

He kind of killed award ceremonies in a way

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Because no one has ever worn a revealing outfit to the Oscars before. Oh wait...

Angelina Jolie Reflects on 2012 Oscars Dress | PEOPLE.com

And this was exactly a decade ago. I don't see anyone tonight dressed more provocatively than this.

Come on even Timothée Chalamet has more skin showing than that

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

LMFAO!!!  That's a hell of lot more conservative that what those two women are wearing for what they call dresses.  It just looks tacky and trashy.

I assume you're referring to Chloe and Halle Bailey (sister musicians who are also actresses, Halle in particular is going to have a breakout 2023). Meh. I don't care for their looks but they're no more trashy than what I've seen at previous ceremonies or awards shows. When you've consumed enough awards shows and red carpets over the decades you become numb to unfortunate fashion choices, at least the people wearing the outfits have the bodies for them more often than not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I assume you're referring to Chloe and Halle Bailey (sister musicians who are also actresses, Halle in particular is going to have a breakout 2023). Meh. I don't care for their looks but they're no more trashy than what I've seen at previous ceremonies or awards shows. When you've consumed enough awards shows and red carpets over the decades you become numb to unfortunate fashion choices, at least the people wearing the outfits have the bodies for them more often than not.

I would call out anyone in any year who wears stuff like that.  I just don't like it.  I also don't think wearing a dress that shows you aren't wearing any underwear as something that is stylish.  Maybe my age is showing (turned 50 this year) but imo, it's not cool.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I would call out anyone in any year who wears stuff like that.  I just don't like it.  I also don't think wearing a dress that shows you aren't wearing any underwear as something that is stylish.  Maybe my age is showing (turned 50 this year) but imo, it's not cool.

Well There It Is GIF - Well There It Is Jurassic Park - Discover & Share  GIFs

;)

Imagine how @Plain Old Tele feels, having lived through centuries.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

How about we acknowledge the wars in the other half dozen areas in the world?  Hollywood doesn't give a shit about the war in Ukraine, I just wish they'd keep their mouth shut and accept their award.  Gervais said it best.

Ukrainians are white.

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Who is that fine young specimen on the left? 😍

• Like 1

Those attending the Oscars will be required to submit two negative PCR tests as well as proof of vaccination, the academy has said. Presenters and performers at the Oscars will not be required to be vaccinated but will have to show that they have recently tested negative for the virus.

So all the stupid, ignorant, POS anti-vaxxers who think the vaccine causes AIDS will only be on the presenting side, which still makes no sense. Half measures and trying to mollify the crybabies who pretend to be macho and taking a personal freedom stand is why we are still in this place.