baumer

Weekend Numbers (THG 33.5, AR 21.4, Titanic 17.3)

A quick example of why it's bad:

First of all, I was bored to DEATH during this movie. The scenes seemed so long sometimes and everything in this movie sort of got me annoyed. Poor characters, lame and cheesy lines, stupid teenager love story - that I could not believe until the end because I thought she liked the other guy back in her town whatsoever - the cast was –well- was mediocre, battle scenes blurred, background of the plot was not explained properly(I did not read the books). I only caught a glimpse at why it's actually called 'hunger games'; however no one seemed to starve – EVER.

I was looking forward to the battle scenes but they made them so quick and blurry and f*** up (sorry), that even those were boring and annoying. Also annoying: the 'hero' does not even make use of her 'strength' the bow thing but instead hides in trees and only kills people when she absolutely needs to - of course. It's a teenage movie and why should she kills someone? You don't kill people, kids - even if your life depends on it.

I'm rambling because I am still so upset that I paid 13 bucks to see this crappy movie. I enjoyed absolutely nothing about this movie and I don't understand why other people like it so much.

A quick example of why it's bad:

First of all, I was bored to DEATH during this movie. The scenes seemed so long sometimes and everything in this movie sort of got me annoyed. Poor characters, lame and cheesy lines, stupid teenager love story - that I could not believe until the end because I thought she liked the other guy back in her town whatsoever - the cast was –well- was mediocre, battle scenes blurred, background of the plot was not explained properly(I did not read the books). I only caught a glimpse at why it's actually called 'hunger games'; however no one seemed to starve – EVER.

I was looking forward to the battle scenes but they made them so quick and blurry and f*** up (sorry), that even those were boring and annoying. Also annoying: the 'hero' does not even make use of her 'strength' the bow thing but instead hides in trees and only kills people when she absolutely needs to - of course. It's a teenage movie and why should she kills someone? You don't kill people, kids - even if your life depends on it.

I'm rambling because I am still so upset that I paid 13 bucks to see this crappy movie. I enjoyed absolutely nothing about this movie and I don't understand why other people like it so much.

Is this a description of THG or Twilight? ;)

I think we just need to accept that Baumer has HORRIBLE taste in movies. I mean really Twilight is THE worst franchise of all time, but i suppose it had little chance coming from one of the worst book series of all time..OK THG isn't the greatest movie ever, but its a decent movie, nothing about it is a remotely retarded as Twilight. Production values dont come in to it. Twilight could have cost $1B to make and used all the Oscars winning technical people there are, it would still have sucked. THG could have been made by 'The Asylum', as long as the script and story was the same it would still be a better movie.

Edited by Rovex

THG was far from perfect but these elements alone made the film worth watching for me (regardless of the fact I really enjoyed it as a whole):The acting was superb. I can't fathom how you found it mediocre? Some of the tributes were lame, but most of the main cast (Lawrence, Sutherland, Tucci) were all fantastic (and Woody, Hutcherson and Banks were good).The reaping, the countdown and Rue's 'spoiler' (the fallout not the lead-up) were all fantastic scenes far above the types of things you would see in a "piece of garbage".The art design was great, particularly District 12 (made up for the lack of starving actors).The premise was hardly original but very enjoyable and the focus on the audience and reality TV was very interesting.The cgi was horrible though lol :P I don't get the complaint with the love story? It took up maybe 5 mins of screentime, yet Twilight drowns in in yet you liked that?

Edited by boredisboring

1 The Hunger Games $33,500,000 -43% 4,137 0 $8,098 $302,839,165 3 Lionsgate2 American Reunion $21,466,200 -- 3,192 -- $6,725 $21,466,200 1 Universal3 Titanic 3D $17,350,000 -- 2,674 -- $6,488 $25,710,482 1 Paramount4 Wrath of the Titans $15,010,000 -55% 3,545 0 $4,234 $58,899,000 2 Warner Bros.5 Mirror Mirror $11,000,000 -39% 3,618 15 $3,040 $36,473,495 2 Relativity Media6 21 Jump Street $10,200,000 -31% 3,009 -139 $3,390 $109,577,305 4 Sony / Columbia7 Dr. Seuss' The Lorax $5,015,010 -36% 3,003 -261 $1,670 $198,189,360 6 Universal8 John Carter $820,000 -60% 1,015 -1382 $808 $67,973,347 5 Disney