baumer

Weekend Numbers (THG 33.5, AR 21.4, Titanic 17.3)

Then I disagree. I don't think it was that much different, or an abstraction from the others.

that wiki link is way too confusingthis is what meta means (according to urbandictionary):A term, especially in art, used to characterize something that is characteristically self-referential. Edited by film2kz

Okay, I'm out. I haven't see a movie less deserving than this kind of success since I'm not even sure when. What a horrible film to be finding this much loot.

UGGG..33 mill for THG? That makes me want to throw up in my mouth.....alot.

Seriously? The film wasn't that bad. In fact for a Hollywood franchise based on a book it was actually very good. It obviously had alot of issues (the pacing during the games fell apart) but it felt like it was aiming to be a good film not just a successful franchise.

that wiki link is way too confusingthis is what meta means (according to urbandictionary):A term, especially in art, used to characterize something that is characteristically self-referential.

Thank you, that makes much more sense to me.

Man I remember the buzz, hype, and way outrageously unrealistic overpredictions for Scream 4. Everyone was uber-convinced that it would open with 40, 45, 50 million dollars. Then it actually opened. (Hmm, reminds me of a current fanboy favorite around here that has everyone convinced it will open to beyond amazing numbers in the summer)

Seriously? The film wasn't that bad. In fact for a Hollywood franchise based on a book it was actually very good. It obviously had alot of issues (the pacing during the games fell apart) but it felt like it was aiming to be a good film not just a successful franchise.

It's a bad film imo and not only is it bad but it has the media all siding with it as well. It's a joke. It's going to be the worst film to make 300 mill in my eyes....well close anyways, DMC is the worst to make 300.

Okay, I'm out. I haven't see a movie less deserving than this kind of success since I'm not even sure when. What a horrible film to be finding this much loot.

lol no, we got twi-tard and Drek franchise taking that honor.

Now you know how we felt when TF2/TF3 blew up.

lol no, we got twi-tard and Drek franchise taking that honor.

I'm not going to do it today, you THG loonies can celebrate your shitty movie doing well, but Twilights are so much better in every way than THG. I just find THG to be so sad, it really is. I'm sure the books are good, but the film was terrible in so many ways.

It's a bad film imo and not only is it bad but it has the media all siding with it as well. It's a joke. It's going to be the worst film to make 300 mill in my eyes....well close anyways, DMC is the worst to make 300.

So it's a film that making a huge amount of money, therefore popular with the public. A - Cinemascore, good reviews from critics and the media "siding with it" as well? Ever thought the problem may be with you rather than the film?