baumer

Weekend Numbers (THG 33.5, AR 21.4, Titanic 17.3)

I'm seeing Hunger this week, but I've heard very mixed things from friends. No one has raved about it. Almost everybody has complained about the pacing and shaky-cam. I'm interested to see it for myself.

I found THG much better on a second viewing. A lot of things that at first seem like plot-holes/bad writing actually make sense if you pay attention. I had a similar experience with Inception.

AIW had a similar 3rd weekend total and went on to make another 70m. THG looks good for about 360-380m depending on legs.

The truth is AiW took a beating on its 4th and 5th weekend as it lost 3D screens to HTTYD and Clash. THG by contrast faces little competition, which means 370M is a lock. It will be over 335M by the end of next weekend.

I'm really happy for The Hunger Games. Saw it over the weekend (yes, had other plans, but finally got around to it) and I don't understand what you guys saw with the "shaky cam." It was fine. It felt a little rushed through the actual games part, but overall, it was a good movie. Finished reading Catching Fire and can't wait for this to become a movie. It won't do the numbers THG does. I'm reading Mockingjay right now, don't spoil it, please.Also, am going to see Titanic tonight after the Masters. Not great numbers for the boat, but doable for what is needed: at least 110M to overtake Sound of Music for #3 adjusted. I'm starting to back off on 160M talk as that is very unlikely now.American Reuinion... I don't know if I even want to see it. The premise is just... already done in American Pie, American Pie 2 and American Wedding. Its overkill, IMO.

American Reunion was awful. One of the worst movies I've seen in a while. I had hopes for it, but it failed miserably. The director couldn't decide if he wanted to made a comedy or drama film. The tone was all over the place.

They should stop dusting off old movies and making sequels to them when there`s no one clamoring for it. Not profitable. Scream 4, AR (aka AP 4). Get a hint.

So you don't want to see Raging Bull 2? I am hoping they greenlight Sophie's Choice 2: Return of the Sopha. ;)

Nobody I've spoken with has had anything to say about the writing. They just think it takes a long time to get going. My best friend also felt the shaky-cam and editing hurt the effectiveness of the games. He also told me to see it for myself so he didn't really hate it.

So you don't want to see Raging Bull 2? I am hoping they greenlight Sophie's Choice 2: Return of the Sopha. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The only sequel I want to see is Austin Powers. #3 was such a clifhanger. We`re still hanging.

Edited by fishnets

This quite possibly the funniest thread I read in a while. Twilight is a good, original movie? THG is the worst film to pass 300 million? (Worse than Transformers, Spider-man 3, Alice in Wonderland, Twilight films, Pirates sequels, Shrek sequels, and Star Wars prequels?) hahahaha :lol: ...thanks for the laughs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't laugh! :) Picture this: Kristen Bell playing Sophie's daughter, whose long-thought-to-be-dead brother reappears as a half-robot zombie, sending Sophie's and his sister's life into a vortex of despair and confusion. Streep could play Sophie. Unless she can't, in which case, they can hire Helen Mirren. Oscar sweep, I tell you.

Don't laugh! :) Picture this: Kristen Bell playing Sophie's daughter, whose long-thought-to-be-dead brother reappears as a half-robot zombie, sending Sophie's and his sister's life into a vortex of despair and confusion. Streep could play Sophie. Unless she can't, in which case, they can hire Helen Mirren. Oscar sweep, I tell you.

Considering that Meryl is lately on campy overacting trip, she can play Sophie`s ghost a la Jim Broadbent in The Iron Lady. Pink turban and all.

Nathan Fillion

This quite possibly the funniest thread I read in a while. Twilight is a good, original movie? ...hahahaha :lol: ...thanks for the laughs

Sparkling vampires, mate. Nobody (excluding the inventor of disco ball) ever thought of that. Certified originality. Edited by fishnets

Kristen Bell has to be nearly 40 by now. I don't remember life when she wasn't suggested for every role.

But she's SsSSOOOOOOOO talented. Like, best actress in Hollywood. One of these days the suits will see it!