Eric Duncan

Migration | Universal/Illumination | December 22, 2023

56 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

https://www.previewfreemovies.com/invite/E8A9C10DD7675CF27793CB0C1C43D7D6?fbclid=IwAR1MDOy93jlnfGX7eL6M9CRbdjix34P4tfdQtC4EEeEelendwZqWOW5RvpY

Going to be called DUCKS

From Illumination Entertainment, the creators of Despicable Me, Minions and Sing, comes the all new animated movie Ducks, a modern-day comedy following a family of ducks who convince their over-protective father to go on the vacation of a lifetime as they attempt to migrate from New England, through New York City, and ultimately down to the Bahamas. 

The film is produced by Illumination founder Chris Meledandri and directed by Oscar® nominee Benjamin Renner (Ernest et Célestine) with an original screenplay by Mike White (School of Rock, White Lotus).  

Ducks features the voices of Danny DeVito (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia), Elizabeth Banks(The Lego Movies franchise; Pitch Perfect franchise), Kegan Michael Key (Schmigadoon!; Wendell & Wild), Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick; The Lovebirds), and Awkwafina (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings; Crazy Rich Asians).

Yeah... With that voice "talent", I doubt this is going to be any different than other illumination movies. Oscar or no oscar director.

37 minutes ago, grim22 said:

With the rain and the cold this weekend, I don't think I'm going to go and stand in line outside with a 6 year old.

I hope y’all stay safe with the blizzard heading your way.

On 2/15/2023 at 8:50 PM, Ronin46 said:

https://www.previewfreemovies.com/invite/E8A9C10DD7675CF27793CB0C1C43D7D6?fbclid=IwAR1MDOy93jlnfGX7eL6M9CRbdjix34P4tfdQtC4EEeEelendwZqWOW5RvpY

Going to be called DUCKS

From Illumination Entertainment, the creators of Despicable Me, Minions and Sing, comes the all new animated movie Ducks, a modern-day comedy following a family of ducks who convince their over-protective father to go on the vacation of a lifetime as they attempt to migrate from New England, through New York City, and ultimately down to the Bahamas. 

The film is produced by Illumination founder Chris Meledandri and directed by Oscar® nominee Benjamin Renner (Ernest et Célestine) with an original screenplay by Mike White (School of Rock, White Lotus).  

Ducks features the voices of Danny DeVito (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia), Elizabeth Banks(The Lego Movies franchise; Pitch Perfect franchise), Kegan Michael Key (Schmigadoon!; Wendell & Wild), Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick; The Lovebirds), and Awkwafina (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings; Crazy Rich Asians).

https://www.alberta.ca/recently-rated-trailers.aspx

The name changed back to Migration, trailer imminent with Mario at 1:50

• Like 1

And while little is known about “Migration,” other than it’s written by “The White Lotus” creator Mike White and directed by “Ernest and Celestine’s” Benjamin Renner, audiences at “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” will be among the first to get a look at what Illumination has in store. A trailer for the film will be released alongside the studio’s Nintendo adventure.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/shrek-5-donkey-spinoff-secret-life-of-pets-sing-sequels-1235571967/

This is going to be a hit, Illumination's on a role. But yea, what the heck was up with that trailer with 1/2 of it being clips from other Illumination movies?

I get they probably made it that way knowing that the majority of people who see it are going to be people seated in Super Mario Bros.

Apparently this is the Illumination ultimate crossover movie based on that trailer. There was maybe 30 seconds of actual movie footage. Not much I can really make a judgement on yet.

It is pretty funny though how Hop still gets the shaft

Edited by AniNate

I like the animation, but lol at just being 30 seconds of footage. Now watch this be the biggest non Mario/SpiderVerse animation this year lol.

35/50/205

Edited by YM!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

This is going to be a hit, Illumination's on a role. But yea, what the heck was up with that trailer with 1/2 of it being clips from other Illumination movies?

I get they probably made it that way knowing that the majority of people who see it are going to be people seated in Super Mario Bros.

They are telling all the parents in theaters with kids this weekend - "ignore that this has no toy/big concept tie-in - trust us that this is your Christmas family movie buy" - I thought it was all genius and a total power play, like Pixar used to do, always making sure to have their lamp scene in front of their trailers...

This movie wins Christmas if it's any good.  B/c after Mario's total huge run (which followed Minions 2 huge run), theaters will be giving Illumination all the screen and showings coverage it needs to go huge...

• Like 1

That scooter gag is gonna send theaters howling I'm sure.

Trailer still too slapsticky and "hip" for my taste but you can read between the lines and see the somewhat elevated dramatic ambitions. I'm pretty certain Illumination's marketing will ensure this is a hit at least.

• Like 2