Eric Duncan

Migration | Universal/Illumination | December 22, 2023

15 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Seems odd to keep reviews on lockdown if they do think it would review well. It feels like they want as few eyes on this as possible for  some reason. I’d say it must be awful if we didn’t hear to the contrary so far 

audience metrics seem good in the places its already released

• Like 1

Yeah, my hope that Illumination was actually attempting something w more dramatic weight here and just was too afraid to promote it turned out to be naive. Doesn't seem like WOM is gonna be good enough to turn it into a real big hit with the way it's tracking.

After watching it myself, thinking maybe this wasn't the best path for Renner anyway.

Edited by AniNate

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

Oof Migration has 86% rating on Rotten Tomatoes Verified audience. That's fucken rough.

Ikr! The movie is awesome and I was totally expecting something "9" to begin with but only get 86%. Really hope this can drag its feet to 100m, they deserve it. 

• Like 1

It's definitely not a situation like Wish where it's just being outright rejected by everyone. The target audience is enjoying it, just not so much those outside of it.

Recent estimate claimed $6mil and about 130% increase on Christmas Day, which would be pretty good number.

Edited by AniNate