Eric Duncan

80 for Brady | February 3, 2023 | Paramount | Tom Brady produces and stars in a road trip comedy

47 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Can someone explain why this predicted to open with more than 5M, much less some of the 15M+ predictions I'm seeing? 

Happy for all the great actresses involved, I just don't get how a movie like this opens so big in 2023. 

Wild Hogs opened to $40 mil

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

Can someone explain why this predicted to open with more than 5M, much less some of the 15M+ predictions I'm seeing? 

Happy for all the great actresses involved, I just don't get how a movie like this opens so big in 2023. 

I have no idea but I'll take it. It's a great sign for theatres in general. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flopped said:

Because a lot of older women are starving for a fun movie that's about women like them?

• Like 2

The reduced ticket prices even out with the attendance boost, I guess. I imagine this also plays better in areas with lower ticket prices to begin with. My local AMC is selling well, but senior matinee tickets there are $6.60 before tax.

Diane Warren's future Oscar nomination, Gonna Be You:

Opened #8 in the UK, unsurprising since this had a limited audience even in America. I figured they would call it something else internationally if it even got released outside of the US. It just seems obvious the overall interest in this would be along the lines of a "faith-based" movie that makes 95% of its gross stateside and maybe possibly breaks out in Brazil. Guess that's not happening, either, after the divorce....

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl