Eric is Anxious

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

24 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Does spring break come into effect this Monday? Could mean over $10M Monday. 

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

March 14 here in most of SoCal.

Yeah should be 14-18 almost everywhere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediJones said:

The Dr. Strange trailers have a lot of cool shots in them. I'm pretty confident that might be the best-looking superhero movie since Aquaman. At the same time, pure fantasy effects don't quite have the same impact that believable, lifelike ones do. Looking at his face divide up like sliced cheese, isn't something I can relate to in the real world. So I don't really know how realistic or not realistic that looks.

Well the point of Aquaman or Strange type effects is not to look realistic, I wouldn't call them less impactful, imaginative fantasy visuals have their own type of impact. I think many blockbuster films would benefit from leaning into that aesthetic more.

• Like 5

We all understand how to relate to fantasy creatures, since we're used to learning about new animals in the real world. So we have a "BS detector" that works for those effects and can tell when they're working or not. But pure, surreal, reality-warping effects are a little different, because no one can say how realistic they look or not. They can be entertaining, but it's harder for me to call those awards-worthy effects, because they get to skip over the realism challenge that other effects have to meet.

For those who don’t wanna check the ets:

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$3.1m for Uncharted.  

Basically same as est.

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$1.39m for Spider-Man.  

About 10% better, 4.5M wknd -22%. 11th best 12th weekend, 3rd best since titanic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

i agree the second leggiest dc movie (4x) was already at 92% of it's total gross by day 45

The streaming impact won’t kick in as straightforward as many think las if we will only suddenly see the impact on the week when a movie hit streaming. The impact may very well kick in right in the 2nd week or so. Not to mention hbo max here is a free access, not a PVOD

18 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

For those who don’t wanna check the ets:

Basically same as est.

About 10% better, 4.5M wknd -22%. 11th best 12th weekend, 3rd best since titanic.

I see NWH Friday numbers are upped by 10k from 1.065 to 1.075 and now Sunday numbers have jumped from 1.28 to 1.39, so any update in Saturday numbers also? May be as somebody said, it might do 4.6 Million this weekend. 

More than impressive. 

14 minutes ago, Caylu said:

I see NWH Friday numbers are upped by 10k from 1.065 to 1.075 and now Sunday numbers have jumped from 1.28 to 1.39, so any update in Saturday numbers also? May be as somebody said, it might do 4.6 Million this weekend. 

More than impressive. 

Sunday hadn’t happened yet, Friday and Saturday have. They can still get tweaked a little vs estimates but it would be more in the range of the updated fri figure, perhaps a few dozen k at most. So it could settle at like 4.55 perhaps but 4.6 very little chance.

Talking about legs and grosses, There is this list, movies having Per Day Gross above 1m+ or should we call it, "Million Days Record", Hopefully, NWH will repeat million+ day on Sat & Sun next weekend and equal Black Panther's record at least. The list is only after 1990s- there are few movies in 1980s (3 in 1990s) that don't have daily gross available:

1. Titanic - 123 Days above 1m+
  2. Avatar - 86 Days above 1m+
  3. Frozen - 71 Days above 1m+
  4. Jurassic Park (1993) - 67 Days
  5. Star Wars Ep. I: The Phantom Menace (1999) - 66 Million Days.
  6. Finding Nemo (2003) - 64 Days above 1m+
  7. Black Panther - 63 Days above 1m+
  8. No Way Home - 61 Days above 1m+ 
  9. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) - 60 Days.
  10. Aladdin (2019) - 60 Days

Avengers (2012) is #13 with 56 Days.

The Dark Knight (2008) is #21 with 52 Days.

Avenger: Endgame is #26 with 50 Days.

Raimi's Spiderman is #29 with 49 Days.

Lowest Grossing movie with highest number of "Million Days" is Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) - 52 Days at #18, coming close is Saving Private Ryan (1998) at #19 with same 52 Days above million.

Note:

1. If movies had same number of Days with gross above million, then priority was given to movie released earlier.

2. There are 07 Movies released in early days of 1990s which may have made their way into this list, if only they had daily box office record.

3. Previews were counted as single days above "million" too. Except for few, all movies had preview days.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Talking about legs, Having Per Day Gross above 1m+  record or should we call it, "Million Days Record," Hopefully, NWH will repeat million+ day on Sat & Sun next weekend and equal Black Panther's record at least.

1. Titanic - 123 Days above 1m+
  2. Avatar - 86 Days above 1m+
  3. Frozen - 71 Days above 1m+
  4. Jurassic Park (1993) - 67 Days
  5. Star Wars Ep. I: The Phantom Menace (1999) - 66 Million Days.
  6. Finding Nemo (2003) - 64 Days above 1m+
  7. Black Panther - 63 Days above 1m+
  8. No Way Home - 61 Days above 1m+ 
  9. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) - 60 Days.
  10. Aladdin (2019) - 60 Days

Avengers (2012) is #13 with 56 Days.

The Dark Knight (2008) is #21 with 52 Days.

Avenger: Endgame is #26 with 50 Days.

Raimi's Spiderman is #29 with 49 Days.

Lowest Grossing movie with highest number of "Million Days" is Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) - 52 Days at #18, coming close is Saving Private Ryan (1998) at #19 with same 52 Days above million.

Note:

1. If movies had same number of Days with gross above million, then priority was given to movie released earlier.

2. There are 07 Movies released in early days of 1990s which may have made their way into this list, if only they had daily box office record.

You forget E.T., is the second with 101 days.