Eric is Quiet

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

4 minutes ago, Caylu said:

Normall saturday number are around 2x the friday numbers. Sometime a bit more and sometime a bit less. and sunday numbers are 50-60% of Saturday number. So it will be like 1+2+1 or at most 1+2+1.2 = 4.0 to 4.2 M.

4.6 looks quite a bit out of reach. 

Holds from last week would take it to 4.7M so 4.6M definitely possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caylu said:

Normall saturday number are around 2x the friday numbers. Sometime a bit more and sometime a bit less. and sunday numbers are 50-60% of Saturday number. So it will be like 1+2+1 or at most 1+2+1.2 = 4.0 to 4.2 M.

Base case 1.065+2.2+1.365=4.6. Probably higher sat bump for 4.8-5ish though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Caylu said:

If SS follows last week (+112.5% then -38.4%), that would be $4.72M.

13 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Seems like March 2022 will make in 6 days what March 2021 did on the whole month.

This week is also the first weekend where all movies gross more than 100m. I doubt the remaining march will have that aggregate number again. The April will be the real test to see if we can a weekend where all movies can gross 100m or more consistently, just like pre-pandemic time. That will be a tenable sign of thing coming back to normal after 2 years. 

On 3/4/2022 at 11:21 PM, snarkmachine said:

I rewatched Titanic recently for the first time in like 15 years and I must say, I do understand its crazy numbers and legs. The movie is insanely watchable.

Lately one of my friend commented that titanic being overdramatic,  “who will have a gun fight on a sinking ship?”. I was like “just look at how Russia launch a war against Ukrainian in the middle of pandemic!” 

If I were DC I would be a bit concerned about kids not having interest in Batman. It's important for the future of the brand.My 12 year niece had absolutely no interest in seeing Batman but she went opening day for NWH. Do they have cartoons out?  

6 minutes ago, ban1o said:

If I were DC I would be a bit concerned about kids not having interest in Batman. It's important for the future of the brand.My 12 year niece had absolutely no interest in seeing Batman but she went opening day for NWH. Do they have cartoons out?  

The film isn't suited for kids at all (the opening alone) so I guess it's good young people aren't interested. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

Well, NWH was at ~$303M through opening Friday. So if it played out as NWH has then we'd be looking at a worldwide final of.....

$700M.

Hmm ok I guess let's see how totals look tomorrow. NWH had good holds WW but with China maybe 700s will be where Batman lands. 

Edited by AdrianL

2 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

Well, NWH was at ~$303M through opening Friday. So if it played out as NWH has then we'd be looking at a worldwide final of.....

$700M.

Is that good??? idk 

21 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Well they can’t even see it here in the UK, it’s rated a 15 (they can’t go accompanied either). 

So I’m sure WB are fully aware, they haven’t targeted kids with this film. 

• Like 1

Just now, AdrianL said:

Hmm ok I guess let's see how totals look tomorrow. NWH had good holds WW but with China maybe 700s will be where Batman lands. 

Indeed. So drop 10% to account for the weaker holds, then add $70-120M for China. Maybe $725-775M global final? We will see. 

Just now, Krissykins said:

Well they can’t even see it here in the UK, it’s rated a 15 (they can’t go accompanied either). 

This skipped my mind completely. I took the family to watch this like it was Sing 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, PenguinXXR said:

If SS follows last week (+112.5% then -38.4%), that would be $4.72M.

thats quite optimistic. 

NWH has Saturday jumps of 80% also and Sundays falls of 47% too. 

Anyway its a hard job to predict. It will be mighty impressive if it does above 4.5 Million this weekend. So lets wait for 24 more hours. :)

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I guess I don't know if DC's direction is good for the long term potential of Batman. The generation of kids growing up legitimately don't  care about Batman lol. 

18 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

Indeed. So drop 10% to account for the weaker holds, then add $70-120M for China. Maybe $725-775M global final? We will see. 

mmm that seems a bit disappointing. I know it's a "Pandemic" but the market is pretty empty. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I guess I don't know if DC's direction is good for the long term potential of Batman. The generation of kids growing up legitimately don't  care about Batman lol. 

They might have to take it back to 90s light hearted Batman if they want kids back. Those films were entrenched in pop culture. Remember Seal’s hit song? 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1