CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

4 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I've heard 2023's Aliens: Dark Descent is really captures the Aliens vibe though it's a AA game not a big video game tentpole

I'm pretty sure this garbage has nothing to do with Cameron's or Ridley's film:

PLnisOV.png

• ...wtf 1

27 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

i'll just say apparently the film has a lot direct connections to the first film and Prometheus

Pretty sure Fede Alvarez said as much in a recent interview

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

One decision is surely going to piss everyone off

I have heard some rumblings that it might not be entirely accurate/circumstances are slightly better than believed (I know exactly what you're talking about).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Sony have flown a bunch of websites out to Thailand for a press junket, but it seems it’s for an FX series instead of the film? 

Seems like it. Especially since Romulus will be discussed on Thursday. 

• Like 1

I liked the trailer definitely feels like a soft reboot but there were some nostalgic beats I liked.  We'll see but I'm definitely interested.  I like that the "Alien" Series for the most part always uses different directors to give a fresh take on the story.  I see Ridley is still producing so I'm sure he approved obviously.   Interesting timeline with it being between "Alien and "Aliens" which was explored during that "Isolation" video game.  August slot shouldn't' be too much pressure.  Covenant made 240 WW so we shall see.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Belakor said:

A soft reboot its ok, Prometheus messed up the story / timeline and Covenant lowkey destroyed all the legacy of the two good movies the franchise had.

Wasn't Prometheus already a soft reboot? At least it was intended to be one.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

I might have seen foreign movies with less than a thousand reviews on imdb, but I've somehow never seen any of the alien movies

1 and 2 seem like must-watches, and I've heard enough dissenting voices defending Prometheus to be interested, that's everything I should watch, right? Is there any benefit to watching Prometheus before 1 and 2?

3 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I might have seen foreign movies with less than a thousand reviews on imdb, but I've somehow never seen any of the alien movies

1 and 2 seem like must-watches, and I've heard enough dissenting voices defending Prometheus to be interested, that's everything I should watch, right? Is there any benefit to watching Prometheus before 1 and 2?

My advice is to watch Alien 1 and 2 first, then Prometheus, since you are going to be more confused if you watch it first.

• Like 1