Steele131

Weekend thread (3/11 - 3/13) | The Batman 66M. 50% drop, 2nd-biggest second weekend for WB | Uncharted 9.25, BTS 6.85, Dog 5.35, NWH 4.07

3 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Dude, i am not talking about Oscars. Just the Letterboxd scores

You were directly replying to a comment amount the relationship between its letterboxd score and the Oscars 😛 

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Come on. I blatantly did not mention Oscars and only the Letterboxd score for a reason

I don't think Batman is getting major Oscars, there? Better?

What’s with the aggression? Given the context it seemed like you were debunking a proposed link between LB and Oscar chances. I agree!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villain Legion said:

What’s with the aggression? Given the context it seemed like you were debunking a proposed link between LB and Oscar chances. I agree!

Because I didn't think i would be quoted numerous times about an offhand mention of a Letterboxd score. I was just pointing out Batman has a similar score as other recently acclaimed high profile comic book movies like Joker and No Way Home. 

The best chance Batman has for major Oscars is WB to re-release in the fall and main it top campaign priority because all they have are Elvis which is dependent on box office and Don't Worry Darling which might be seen as genre play only. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A Star is Orm said:

Despite losing half of its showings in the biggest auditorium to BTS Permission to Dance (🤨)

It cracks me up that Disney sent its big budget animated Pixar film about boy band crazy tweens to its streaming service on the same weekend that a live recording of a boy band concert is playing in theaters.

#CINEMA

• Haha 1

Going to guess WB play it a bit safe with a 64M estimate which ends up being 66 on Monday actuals.

If it hits 66 with actuals on Monday, that would lock 300M on next Sunday. Will do about 24M on the weekdays and 40 on the weekend.

• Like 2