Steele131

Weekend thread (3/11 - 3/13) | The Batman 66M. 50% drop, 2nd-biggest second weekend for WB | Uncharted 9.25, BTS 6.85, Dog 5.35, NWH 4.07

21 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Saturday will be a bad day on the East Coast weather-wise, so don't be shocked if Saturday disappoints a little after an awesome Friday (and then Sunday has a great hold from Saturday)...

Yup, I live in one of the snowiest cities in the country and was planning on a 3rd viewing today, but after looking out my window this morning, binging movies and playing Elden Ring sounds like a much better time haha. I think Saturday could've hit $28-30m without this inclement weather though.

• Like 1

Not suprised it recovered on the weekend.

This film is 3 hours and unlike Endgame does not have as much action so its feels like watching an old epic from the 60s as it does go by slowly. 

Edited by Torontofan

11 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Not suprised it recovered on the weekend.

This film is 3 hours and unlike Endgame does not have as much action so its feels like watching an old epic from the 60s as it does go by slowly. 

Recovered? Besides Tuesday weekdays were great

• Like 5

13% drop for both Dog and Nile from last Friday. Dog will pass Gucci eventually. Big win for Tatum. 

-2% drop from last week for Sing 2... will never get over how idiotic it was to not release Turning Red in theaters. 

FWIW, I didn't care for this version of Batman, too dark and gloomy for my taste, but I'm still rooting for it to do gangbusters at the box office.  A strong box office is something we really need right now.  I hate seeing the places empty or lagging.  With NWH and now Batman, and even Scream and Sing, it looks like people are ready to come back for the right kind of movie.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

True, but Batman's a lot more impressive considering the size of the OW.

How much of Batman's gross was taken in from the Wednesday and full day Thursday?

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

FWIW, I didn't care for this version of Batman, too dark and gloomy for my taste, but I'm still rooting for it to do gangbusters at the box office.  A strong box office is something we really need right now.  I hate seeing the places empty or lagging.  With NWH and now Batman, and even Scream and Sing, it looks like people are ready to come back for the right kind of movie.

Why Disney dumping Turning Red infuriates me. That would have been a strong #2 this weekend and help boost the box-office. 

Alas Adolf Disney isn't interested in that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KnucklesXXR said:

Tues/Weds about $4M. Thursday about $17.6M. 

Ok cool, thanks, so the "true weekend" was about 115 million.  So perhaps that's one of the reasons the film is holding so well.  The demand was spread out over the first 5 days, people are really liking it and hence the WOM has spread even more due to the face that it opened over 5 days.  Any way you look at it, the film is going to have a really strong second weekend.

• Like 1