grim22

Silent Night | Lionsgate | December 1, 2023 | John Woo directing. Joel Kinnaman starring. Action movie with no dialogue.

I was hoping for more of a noir look and feel to the movie. Sadly it's not that. A lot of the day time stuff looks pretty bad

Action looks sick as fuck though. I'll be there, if it's not a disaster or anything

December 1 is kinda fucking packed now with Silent Night, The Bikeriders, Renaissance looking to do like $50m+, and Godzilla Minus One which I think could do kinda decently in the US. 

Somethings gotta move right? 

Edited by Pinacolada

3 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I was hoping for more of a noir look and feel to the movie. Sadly it's not that. A lot of the day time stuff looks pretty bad

Action looks sick as fuck though. I'll be there, if it's not a disaster or anything

December 1 is kinda fucking packed now with Silent Night, The Bikeriders, Renaissance looking to do like $50m+, and Godzilla Minus One which I think could do kinda decently in the US. 

Somethings gotta move right? 

I doubt it, majority of those movies are on the niche side in terms of appeal and won't fare much better on any other weekend. They'll collectively be on the way out by the time the busy Christmas frame arrives.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-box-office-forecast-renaissance-a-film-by-beyonce-and-silent-night/

Long range predictions saying $5-10m OW and $13-30m DOM.

I def think this is one that'll require strong WOM/reviews to push that opening up beyond just action die hards. And if timed right for Xmas, could do very well on PVOD.

On 11/6/2023 at 5:06 PM, TheDude391 said:

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-box-office-forecast-renaissance-a-film-by-beyonce-and-silent-night/

Long range predictions saying $5-10m OW and $13-30m DOM.

I def think this is one that'll require strong WOM/reviews to push that opening up beyond just action die hards. And if timed right for Xmas, could do very well on PVOD.

The no dialogue bit is interesting, but will definently hurt it with Mainstream audiences.

I get the impression that aside from the no dialogue gimmick, it's pretty much a standard issue John Woo action film.

Audences say they want  fresh aporached to film making, but they generally stay away from films that do offer something different.

Edited by dudalb