Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Sorry, guys. I will explain everything later.

Last weekend was the weakest weekend of the year. A local comedy won with $2.29 mln on 1500 screens. Well below than expected.

Nut Job finished 2nd with $1.91m on 1864 screens. Pretty weak too for such huge screen number. Divergent was 3rd with $1.34 mln and 57% drop. $5.42 mln total after eleven days. 

Also opened Sabotage (828k on 810 screens), A Haunted House 2 (565k on 417 screens), Calvary (34k on 23 screens) and Tom a la Ferme (20k on 35 screens).  

Current totals for big movies: $32.88 mln Noah (4 weeks), $26.41 mln RIo 2 (5 weeks) and Captain America 2 $14.53 mln (3 weeks).

Hotel Grand Budapest passed $5mln. Terriffic gross for such a movie in our film market. 

Woah you're back :D I was pretty sure you wouldn't come back, but I won't complain :P

Is that a good number for TASM2 or just on par?

Opening day will be much lower than first. At least 25% lower in RUB, even more in USD.

Still it might recover during the weekend. First one was released in July and it was very frontloaded.

• Like 1

Currently 55 mln RUB reported. It might crawl to 58-60 mln RUB. $1.6-1.7 mln with current exchange rates.

The first one grossed 80.8 mln RUB in 2012.

$2.47mln OD but only around $9.8 mln for the weekend. Weekend multiplyer was really awful.

• Like 2

Yes.

Only animated movies have better multipliers.

There are some exceptions of course, such as Avatar, but it's quite the norm yes.Incredibly frontloaded market.

Wow.  That's massively frontloaded.  

I did look at some other films, just to throw some out there:

Expendables and EXP2 both had a 2.5

Avengers had 2.9

Wolf of Wall Street had a 2.45

Thor2 had a 4.75 (did this open mid week or something?)

Wow.  That's massively frontloaded.  

I did look at some other films, just to throw some out there:

Expendables and EXP2 both had a 2.5

Avengers had 2.9

Wolf of Wall Street had a 2.45

Thor2 had a 4.75 (did this open mid week or something?)

Thor2 had a sort of limited release and expanded in its second weekend.

• Like 1

ASM opened to 9.4 in Russia.  It finished with 21.9.  That's a horrible multiplier.

Pretty much normal for big summer release. Also ASM had a full week of IMAX previews (1.04m in seven days). So 9.58 mln opening weekend and 10.62 mln including previews.

• Like 2