Eric is Quiet

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

3 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

No? Test screening all Been positive with each new one getting better scores

1 hour ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Test screenings have not been terrible. I don't know where you're getting this from. They're actually very positive according to ViewerAnon save for one new monster that had poor reception and was replaced. 

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The test screenings this is bullshit as well, ViewerAnon said they´re doing consistently better everytime they test it. The thing that was disliked in it early on was changed.

Lool the week of March 29 is going to be fun.

British 'islamic state' schoolgirl wants to return to UK - Page 108 —  Digital Spy

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Lool the week of March 29 is going to be fun.

British 'islamic state' schoolgirl wants to return to UK - Page 108 —  Digital Spy

Dude, it´s a hollywood Godzilla movie ... i can guaranteed to you nobody here is expecting rave reviews lol 

The previous movie have a 59 on MC, and it was very well received by audiences. People want fun action from this, and they´ll get it, it tested well, there´s no story here, you´re beefing alone.

• Knock It Off 1

2 weeks isn’t that big of a deal, dunno why some are acting like it is. Also remember that this was supposed to come out on March 15th before Dune got pushed back. That’s probably why they waited until now to remove Mickey 17 so they could hold onto that date for this in case Ghostbusters moved. 

Also this with Dune could give WB a nice one-two punch to start the year, almost back to back No.1 openings.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer

26 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

No it was a Kaiju that was never revealed in the marketing. It was like a deer bird hybrid thing looking mfer and got replaced with a legacy character

Weren't you just refusing to answer someone's question about why Godzilla turns pink in the movie for spoiler reasons? 🤣

Either way, I hope this film does well. All I can do is buy a ticket and hope WB doesn't decide to shift its release date a third (fourth?) time so I can actually try to get the day off.

Edited by NoobSaibot

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Super late to watching the trailer but why is Godzilla pink now?

Pink symbolizes love, nurture, and compassion. The same love, nurture, and compassion Godzilla feels for his boyfriend Kong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I completely disagree with the "this movie will fail now because it has 2 weeks of less marketing" notion. Anyone who could be interested in this movie by now knows this is coming out anyway and WB/Legendary will surely pull a late-marketing push like they did with Kong: Skull Island in 2017 which greatly helped that movie. March 29 means (lets be real) that it will still make most of its money in April with Dune 2 and Ghostbusters not beeing the biggest of competitions.

Also i can back up @Alex SciChannel, test screenings have not been negative as far as im aware. One monster that got replaced very early on had received negative backlash, but like Alex said, instead of that one there will be a kaiju now that no one will complain about.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Mulder said:

Solo had a 3 month marketing cycle that hurt it immensely. GxK is also going to end up with a 3 month marketing cycle (December to March is 3 months).

Solo was hurt by being a shit movie no one wanted. 3 months or 6 months, it would've made the exact same money

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do think this is going to have some extra push from Minus One, minimal but maybe it will save it from being a total disaster.

With that being said, I think this should be the last "Marvel" godzilla movie, we need another approach, a different concept.

Maybe godzilla vs alien invasion without being too goofy like the recent two movies.

But yes, I expect this to disappoint in terms of quality and BO. At best I can see this  having a "Ok" reception and making 500M ww 

• ...wtf 1

Feel like late March is odd move. The post Easter spot seemed better for both the movie and theaters. It now has to share attention with Dune 2, KFP4 and Ghostbusters (though granted think low to mid 100s is where KFP/GB/GxK are heading), so odd move. It's like no one learned last March.