baumer

Weekend Actuals (THG 33.1 mill)

LMAO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The funniest thing is we used to have all of my books in our bedroom, but my wife thought it looked too cluttered, so we moved them all to their rooms. I have about 100 paperbacks, mostly Stephen King, all the Twilights, Potters LOTR, Jack Ryan books, Barker, Sheldon and a few others. I don't think they have even opened one book. It's kind of sad.

Anyway, THG's success is mostly attributed to the success of the book, not necessarily the movie itself. People ran out to see it because they liked the book and since then, the media has helped in recruiting a bit.

I don't understand this argument. It's like saying that the success of Spiderman movies is mostly due to success of the (comic) books (which is 100% true)

The Hunger Games, Twilight and Harry Potter all rule, am I the mega minority?

Probably.I loved THG books and the movie, and Harry Potter is one of my favourite sagas of all time.Eclipse is a fine movie. Really entertaining. Twilight is ok for one time. New Moon and Breaking Dawn... no, just no! The books are all ok for what I know until Breaking Dawn. That is a horrible book, IMO. Edited by CJohn

Nope. That's where I draw the line. I don't call you a fucking retard or an idiot because you happen to like something. That's the difference. For some reason, it's okay to say that about people who like Twilight but that never comes out of my mouth.

Oh bull. You don't have to call someone a retard or an idiot to discredit their opinion.

Of course it's the same thing. " If someone doesn't like Titanic, I question if they even like movies at all." Therefore, if you don't like Titanic, you have questionable taste.You complain how everyone judges you for loving Twilight, yet you're judging people for not liking Titanic. It's the exact same principle.

It's not even remotely the same. I don't tell you guys you are retarded if you like something. I don't tell you that you are an idiot if you like something. That's what happens to me here because I happen to like something that most of you don't. Writing one sentence on Twitter (which was a response to a director saying the exact same thing btw) is nothing close to what I get here from some of the cretins.

Oh bull. You don't have to call someone a retard or an idiot to discredit their opinion.

It's a huge difference. Insulting someone by being rude, crude and obnoxious is one thing, telling someone that you hate the movie they like is another. I've never told someone they are a fucking retard for liking Potter or THG, but I have been called those exact words because I like Twilight.

Just because you don't go as far as calling them a retard or whatever doesn't change the fact that you're descrediting their opinion because it doesn't agree with yours.

That's called disagreeing. And that's perfectly acceptable.

The funniest thing is we used to have all of my books in our bedroom, but my wife thought it looked too cluttered, so we moved them all to their rooms. I have about 100 paperbacks, mostly Stephen King, all the Twilights, Potters LOTR, Jack Ryan books, Barker, Sheldon and a few others. I don't think they have even opened one book. It's kind of sad.

Oh. You can always talk to them right? You know some encouragement here and there. I'm a bookworm. I should live there in your house. :D

Oh. You can always talk to them right? You know some encouragement here and there. I'm a bookworm. I should live there in your house. :D

There's no use. It's a long story buddy, but just put it this way, they are my step kids so they were set in their ways before I met them 12 years ago. I don't think me trying to make them read is going to make them want to.

I don't like Twilight, like I said before, but I don't see why people who like it should be insulted. Also, why people feel like they need to take sides. I mean I'm pretty sure there are people who like Twilight and Hunger Games. Hell, the actress who plays Katniss Everdeen said in an interview she likes the Twilight series and she auditioned for Kristen Stewarts role

Edited by Shriekofthevulture

There's no use. It's a long story buddy, but just put it this way, they are my step kids so they were set in their ways before I met them 12 years ago. I don't think me trying to make them read is going to make them want to.

God. I understand now. Wow. Being a step-dad is something I always find brave. That takes a lot of patience. Hats off to you. :)

I dont think anyone who likes twilight is an idiot (i DO think those that get over excited and cry at the trailers are idiots), but im shocked an adult cant see how shallow and ridiculous they are. I am a fan of Vampire mythology and i find them a mortally offensive insult.Having said that i suppose adults believe a lot of ridiculous things. So perhaps I shouldn't be THAT shocked.

I've read all the Hunger Games and Harry Potter and seen all the movies. Haven't read any Twilights but have seen all the movies so far. Twilight movies aren't as bad as some people make them out to be, I think hating them is just the "cool" thing to do on the internet since it's a female driven story with a love triangle, something that doesn't really appeal to most guys.HP>>> THG>>>>>>Twilight IMO.

God. I understand now. Wow. Being a step-dad is something I always find brave. That takes a lot of patience. Hats off to you. :)

Thanks. Yes, it was the biggest decision I had to make before getting married. I had to decide if I'd be okay with raising kids that weren't my blood. I chose to do it, obviously, but it does come with many many challenges. lol

Well, I hate to destroy the myth here, but truth be told, I don't really hate Potter or THG. I think THG could have been much much better and it felt rushed to me. They seemed to gloss over a lot and that is what made me dislike it. As for Potter, some of the films are hard to watch and others are fine. I don't really hate any Potters except for HBP. So I guess hate is really a strong word.