The Wild Eric

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

On 3/13/2024 at 1:09 PM, WittyUsername said:

I don’t see why there would be a guarantee that this’ll make money. 

No guarantee, b ut the sucess of the previous two Venom films would make me bet it does make at least a decent profit. And I really, disliked the first two.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 12:03 PM, Pinacolada said:

Honestly what a waste of Tom Hardy lol. I'm sure he's fine with it tho, he got to hijack an entire franchise from the studio and just do whatever he wanted to do with it.

EmpireCity said that he'd heard this was easily the best of the 3. He frequently just says stuff, but I hope that's true 

Another very low bar to cross. Medicore would be a huge step up.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Cryptic says teaser trailer next week with Bad Boys. Guess we'll see if that leak has any merit (it's probably totally fake)

The BBFC has rated a trailer, so it's most likely next week. As for the leak:

Spoiler

I'm inclined to believe that it was meant to be connected to Madame Web, back when the story for that movie was completely different and was centered around an unborn Peter Parker being hunted down. But as those who bothered to see that know and will have easily noticed, the final movie ended up being retooled drastically. So that Babysitter Venom plot is probably no longer being pursued.

In short, I do think that Venom 3 plot leak was a real, early draft for the movie, but might've been thrown out after the aforementioned Madame Web retooling made the tie-in pointless.

But anyway, this movie is definitely in an oddly fascinating situation. This series isn't seen as great, but has been successful at appealing to the masses so far. Funnily enough both of the previous movies overperformed in big ways due to being lucky enough to be released during peak Marvel Fever periods. Now that that brand value has been greatly diminished, it'll definitely be interesting to see how well this one does, especially in an ever more hostile marketplace. Being out the weekend before the American elections won't help it at all domestically.

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Being out the weekend before the American elections won't help it at all domestically.

The election is nearly two full weeks after this comes out.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Gotta get TASM 3 and a MCU SM 4/5/6 to get 6 Spider-Man related trilogies haha

And this made me realize. If Beyond the Spider-Verse came out in 2024 as originally planned, we would have THREE Marvel trilogies concluding in the same year haha

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1