Eric is Anxious

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

2 minutes ago, harry713 said:

A little over 13m to reach the 500m threshold.

WORLDWIDE
$486,738,359

Do we think it can? Domestic is all but dried up. Not sure how much more the rest of its markets have in them, but it's going to be within 10m.

Family flicks missing milestones seems to be the norm this year. TLM not hitting 300m, and ATSV not reaching 700m ww.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, harry713 said:

And an undeniable theatrically financial success. Though I do speculate it may take a couple more half-billion+ earners for Pixar to replenish the well of riches the company had up to 2020. 

Yep but it's a great first step. And it being an original earning this much is all the more sweet. 

• Like 3

I at last saw the movie on D+. Gorgeous animation for sure. Story was good but not path breaking. Too many double entendres for a kids movie. But definitely a level above Lightyear for sure. but not anywhere near upper Pixar territory. But looking at legs this movie had world wide, I am more optimistic for 2024 releases. 

• Like 1

25 FILM: ELEMENTAL (2023) Disney+ WALT DISNEY CO LTD 3,245,500

Elemental managed 3.2M in the week 11 Sep 2023 - 17 Sep 2023 in the UK per BARB. Thats an awesome result for a film and I think the first Disney+ programming to hit the top 50 in the UK viewing figures. (it went live in Q4 last year).

Most viewed programmes Barb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

This movie looks visually stunning on even the small screen. Dare I say it surpasses Coco even as Pixar’s best looking to me. This is really the perfect balance of art style and visual fidelity that I hope they stick with. Absolutely hated the photo-realism vibes they seemed to be going towards with stuff like TS4 and Soul for a minute

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This movie looks visually stunning on even the small screen. Dare I say it surpasses Coco even as Pixar’s best looking to me. This is really the perfect balance of art style and visual fidelity that I hope they stick with. Absolutely hated the photo-realism vibes they seemed to be going towards with stuff like TS4 and Soul for a minute

I dunno if I hated the Soul style or not...

Elemental is certainly the most expensive-looking movie Pixar has done, with all the effects of water and fire.

On 10/14/2023 at 2:04 PM, Sckathian said:
25 FILM: ELEMENTAL (2023) Disney+ WALT DISNEY CO LTD 3,245,500

Elemental managed 3.2M in the week 11 Sep 2023 - 17 Sep 2023 in the UK per BARB. Thats an awesome result for a film and I think the first Disney+ programming to hit the top 50 in the UK viewing figures. (it went live in Q4 last year).

Most viewed programmes Barb

All the reason why the movie won't hit 500m

6 hours ago, cannastop said:

It's been dead ever since they put it on Disney Plus. Late legs or not.

I cannot emphasis enough the streaming doesn't hurt the BO only when the movie hit streaming. It took away the BO, starting from OW itself, all the way til end of the run. 

• Astonished 1