Eric Prime

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

Just now, PNF2187 said:

As an aside, this is just an anecdote but I've been seeing a lot of bus stops around my area with posters for this plastered all over. Mostly just Ember, Wade, and one of the earth guys. Certainly more than Strange World though.

hehe we posted this at the same time.

Anyways, I've seen Elemental stuff posted on buses themselves too. Mobile advertising!

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

You think this is awkward because there are fires in Canada now.

I think this is awkward because it's trying to capitalize on Turning Red goodwill.

They're trying to pull a Zootopia again. There's a Soil poster too.

They've definitely made a legit effort to promote this but that poster is emblematic of how confused the whole campaign has been, just throwing all the element puns and slapstick at the audience that they can and hoping some of it sticks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AniNate said:

They've definitely made a legit effort to promote this but that poster is emblematic of how confused the whole campaign has been, just throwing all the element puns and slapstick at the audience that they can and hoping some of it sticks.

Shit's sad.

I don't know if this happening in other countries, but here in Venezuela I just noticed that Elemental has been delayed 1 week, from June 15 to June 22, leaving The Flash a week all by itself.

Is this happening in other territories?

• Astonished 1

Biggest problem is we got Mario and ATSV recently, both are massive hits, so this Elemental movie is going to end up getting skipped by many families that go see animated films that had their fill.

Only WOM can save this right now.

On 6/7/2023 at 4:42 PM, Mojoguy said:

Biggest problem is we got Mario and ATSV recently, both are massive hits, so this Elemental movie is going to end up getting skipped by many families that go see animated films that had their fill.

Only WOM can save this right now.

Which, unless the film is a lot  better then what we have seen from the marketing, it won't get.

Maybe the film is a lot better then what it has been marketed as, but if so the marketing for this was really messed up.

And opening up against The FLash in the US will not help it much, even if the Flash is somewhat weake rthen expected.

Edited by dudalb

53 minutes ago, Morieris said:

SOIL got a chuckle out of me.

Not a ticket but a chuckle.

I thought the timing of that 'Unlease Your Wildfire Side" statement to be drop dead funny.

Not the fires, just the incredibly poor timing. You think they would have caught that and changed it.

Edited by dudalb

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That Unlease your Widlfire side line has got to be one of the worst timed ever given what is happening n the East coast lright now....

Tbh I don't think that would've been in good taste regardless of the timing, but especially not during the summer.