EmpireCity

Weekend Thread (6/3-5) | Top Gun 2 drops 29% for 90M. The smallest second weekend drop ever for a 100M+ opener!

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$35m

I really badly want you to be right. This is best-case scenario IMO. Would mean a sub-8% Saturday-to-Saturday drop and a $88M second weekend (best-case Sunday would be needed—but not impossible—to get to $90M).

Edited by superduperm

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

If someone put a gun to my head and asked me to name who the villain was in either Jurassic World movie and why the dinosaurs were loose and fighting people this time, it would be bye bye time for ole Cmasterclay.

vincent d'onofrio, ted levine, toby jones. it helps when they keep casting coolio's favourite character actors in these parts. hopefully continues with the new one like they've got Bill Camp or Bruce Greenwood as some shitty congressman who's pro dinosaurs eating people or something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

vincent d'onofrio, ted levine, toby jones. it helps when they keep casting coolio's favourite character actors in these parts. hopefully continues with the new one like they've got Bill Camp or Bruce Greenwood as some shitty congressman who's pro dinosaurs eating people or something.

why aren't you listing the spall spawn

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I do remember Vinny D, but man did I not remember Toby Jones or Ted Levine in any of these. I could have sworn the bad guy in Jurassic World 2 was some young rich guy played by like Rafe Ifans or one of those British guys I always mix up.

Just now, Gavin Feng said:

Tom Cruise is going to make $100M-plus from this movie.

Listening to 'the Town" at the Ringer and Matt Belloni said Cruise gets 12.5M upfront and 10% of studio returns (forever so includes library deals, streaming, pvod etc) and that figure will go up once certain checkmarks are met. 

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I spy Campbell Scott in the cast

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

ok you guys got me with that one i did not remember that young spall was in jurassic world 2. not a pudgy old dude. i only get excited for Timothée Spall.

please refer to jurassic world 2 using its subtitle, spallen kingdom

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

According to the Wikipedia page, the bad guys in new Jurassic World are apparently named "BioSyn".

Template | I Can't. Not Again. I'm... Not Strong Enough | Know Your Meme

called as such because of their biological sins against nature no doubt.

how many Jurassic worlds deep are we gonna get before we see what the audience really wants; an evil geneticist who turns himself into a human/dinosaur hybrid that's a raptor with human skin, teeth and hair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

how many Jurassic worlds deep are we gonna get before we see what the audience really wants; an evil geneticist who turns himself into a human/dinosaur hybrid that's a raptor with human skin, teeth and hair.

And his evil plan can be to turn everyone else into lizards dinosaurs.

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

A compelling idea. Would it look something like this?

It's Morbin' Time! Jared Leto's Morbius Is Returning To Theaters |  Cinemablend

• Like 2