Eric Quinn

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

4 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

What the hell does that mean? 😳

“One is a very simple line, it’s only four words, but I like the way it came to be in the movie in that people liked it. I was finishing Death Becomes Her when I was writing Jurassic Park, and we had an ending that was really disastrous at first from one of these horrible test screenings where they almost kill you. So we’d very quickly gone out to shoot a new ending for the movie, but there was little time before the movie came out, so we were in the dailies of the reshoots, and there was gonna be no opportunity to redo the reshoots. So this was it, this really had to work. And we sat down in the dailies, and as the lights were going down, Bob Zemeckis said, 'Hold onto your butts.' I happened to be working on the script at that time, and I was like, ‘Oh, I love that.’ I went back and I typed it into the script immediately, and then Sam Jackson said it. I don’t think I ever told Zemeckis that, but that’s his line.”

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

47 minutes ago, Maggie said:

18m previews is really good considering this had no early shows. TG2 made around 4M in early shows, so previews were 15M.  I expect Jurassic to comfortably go past 150M, even 160M

I think it will be more frontloaded than FK due to earlier previews and presumably weaker WOM. So while 150M seems realistic atm, i woundt dream of 160m just yet. Actually, i still think it is a bit more likely that it goes down to mid 140s than high 150s.

But we'll see, i would certainly love any OW number above 160, would be amazing.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

“One is a very simple line, it’s only four words, but I like the way it came to be in the movie in that people liked it. I was finishing Death Becomes Her when I was writing Jurassic Park, and we had an ending that was really disastrous at first from one of these horrible test screenings where they almost kill you. So we’d very quickly gone out to shoot a new ending for the movie, but there was little time before the movie came out, so we were in the dailies of the reshoots, and there was gonna be no opportunity to redo the reshoots. So this was it, this really had to work. And we sat down in the dailies, and as the lights were going down, Bob Zemeckis said, 'Hold onto your butts.' I happened to be working on the script at that time, and I was like, ‘Oh, I love that.’ I went back and I typed it into the script immediately, and then Sam Jackson said it. I don’t think I ever told Zemeckis that, but that’s his line.”

Awesome didn't know that. But in this context of BO tracking must decipher more in depth. Perhaps today's box office may be reflective of "Death Becomes Her" due to the context of the reshoots. I must dig DEEPER!

1 minute ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

You know, in a world where superhero movies really are the dominant species of movies, the fact we're gonna have the sixth entry of Jurassic Park hit well over 100 million is really good.

But what if, Marvel made Savage Lands or Devil Dinosaur as a movie?!?

Can’t we just get Marvel to make a Jurassic movie? Make it happen Universal. Sony will tell you how….