IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Deadpool&Wolverine #1

Hope Funf Freunde 3 will do well. At least Germany is making live action family films on a regular basis. Bought first two. Not great and mostly nothing to do with old books but still ok.  

Funf Freunde is "The Famous Five" right? That brings a lot of childhood memories. I loved the books when I was little and always imagined being one of them, having adventures and stuff. I didn't know there were 3 German films based on the books. Were the first two successful?

Funf Freunde is "The Famous Five" right? That brings a lot of childhood memories. I loved the books when I was little and always imagined being one of them, having adventures and stuff. I didn't know there were 3 German films based on the books. Were the first two successful?

Apparently the movies were succesful if they are making sequels every year. First two both had more than 1 million admission. $7-8 mln in Germany alone plus at least $1m more from Austria and Switzerland.

Whoa. I think I read some of those books way back when.

I think those films are based ony loosely on the books; there was a tv series I think in the early 80s which was a bit closer. Enid Blyton books were always popular here; there's another franchise based on the "St. Clare's" books which are called "Hanni und Nanni" here, they make a million admissions per release too, and all for very moderate budgets.

And now for something completely different - the latest estimates for Germany's weekend:

#1: TWoWS - 500k admissions

#2: Medicus - 265k

#3: 5Freunde 3 - 220k

#4: Nicht mein Tag -200k

#5: FJG! - 155k

#6: Hobbit2 - 130k

#7: Frozen - 100k

• Like 1

Really huge improvement for Funf Freunde 3.

There were two tv-series based on Enid Blyton books. First one in 1978-1979 and the second in 1994-1995. Both were filmed with significant German involvement because of huge popularity books in Germany.

In  general opinion first one consudered much better and is a true classic. In 2012 it was finally released on DVD and Blu-Ray in Germany and in 2013 in UK.  The second is a bit closer to books but kinda dull. It was not released on DVD in UK. 

• Like 1

Final weekend trend is in and it's looking much brighter than the Friday one:

#1: WoWS - 425k admissions (that's only a 17% drop)

#2: FF3 - 210k (less than 10% drop - wow)

#3: Medicus - 190k (-30%, seems to run out of steam finally)

#4: NmT - 140k

#5: FJG! - 125k

#6: Frozen - 90k

#7: Homefront - 90k (this includes previews, actual weekend should be lower)

#8: I Frankenstein - 85k

#9: 12YaS - 80k (slight disappointment after the expansion)

#10: Hobbit 2 - 80k