EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/13-16) // 6.9m TG2, 13m JW:D Mon //

7 hours ago, Legion and Thunder said:

It’s an objectively indefensible statistical viewpoint, that’s a bit more extreme than just “I would not prefer” so I would say clarification would be, if not necessary, at least pretty useful.  (And I hoped I would get actual clarification— I wouldn’t have bothered asking otherwise)

What are you talking about with clarification.  It's 100% certain.  Locked.  Write it in stone.  

How can I be any clearer?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

What are you talking about with clarification.  It's 100% certain.  Locked.  Write it in stone.  

How can I be any clearer?

No you’ve made yourself clear now. You’re sticking with the completely incorrect viewpoint. I understand. Crystal clear. Loud as day. 

I assumed you would take the opportunity to realize what you’re saying is ridiculous and change course, but I see now that was my mistake.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZurgXXR said:

Nothing to bump. Legion and I both said we think $600+ is likely. Over $620M even. He was just arguing verbiage.

There is nothing to argue and I was clear.  

Anyways, Eric said enough and I would like to avoid the Mods giving me another warning they are itching to find any reason to give me.  I'm done talking about it.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$6.25m Thursday for TG2

$8.8m for JWD

This is a nice recovery from your early estimate for Dominion. Drop will be harsh this weekend but hopefully not catastrophic.

Top Gun is going 40M+ for sure. Cant see it missing that number with Fathers Day boost.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

I can't see sub 60m with 6.25m previews especially with Sunday being juiced due to FD/Juneteenth

Depending on today's number, I think 70+ is still very possible or even likely with the boosted Sunday. At any rate, the 4 day holiday weekend total should be good and then, ideally, 3+ multi of the 3 day hopefully gets it over 200M+. Not the breakout I'd hoped for but over 200M+ DOM ain't bad. I think the closest for an animated movie to that total is Sing 2... It would easily be the highest since the March shutdowns in 2020.

16 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

This is a nice recovery from your early estimate for Dominion. Drop will be harsh this weekend but hopefully not catastrophic.

Top Gun is going 40M+ for sure. Cant see it missing that number with Fathers Day boost.

Happy with both numbers for sure as well. Not a bad drop for either.

2 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

The fact that there’s any chance at all of JWD’s 2nd weekend beating Lightyear’s first is fucking insanity

2022 is incredible 

I mean, had JWD opened more in line with what many including me expected here, it would be a lock to beat LY's first weekend right now. For me, it would be more incredible if both broke out and not as much that LY will open under what many expected so JWD with a somewhat lofty second weekend drop from an already mildly disappointing OW DOM might beat it this weekend.