Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

BVS already surpassed every (non Avengers movie) Marvel movie, and, this, without needing a hundred of movies before to build the hype 2%2520%25287%2529.gif

Yeah, it's the first Batman movie and first Superman movie.:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Aristis said:

Some would consider AoU Young Adult shit too :D

Catching Fire has 89% at Tomatoes, while Ultron has 70%

CF had a huge increase both DOM and WW while Ultron only had decreases

CF was the third most profitable movie of 2013, while Ultron was considered a flop by Disney

Please, no shade, I'm just making a friendly comparison 2%2520%25287%2529.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sam said:

I haven't visited the thread recently, but jesus, this is terrible. 

We could always report to the mods, let them clean up and steer it back to what the thread is supposed to be for. 

I don't get the complaints about this thread, it's not like deviations from the topic in hand don't happen all the time everywhere else in these forums. Plus, at least for the couple of months I've been following it, the talk here does tend to focus on actual box office numbers more often than not and that's specially true around big openings. Hell, the talk did stay around box office numbers in the past couple of pages.

And while they do obsess a bit too much with their whole marvel hate, well, there are plenty of haters of other franchises and movies roaming free all over these forums.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I don't get the complaints about this thread, it's not like deviations from the topic in hand don't happen all the time everywhere else in these forums. Plus, at least for the couple of months I've been following it, the talk here does tend to focus on actual box office numbers more often than not and that's specially true around big openings. Hell, the talk did stay around box office numbers in the past couple of pages.

And while they do obsess a bit too much with their whole marvel hate, well, there are plenty of haters of other franchises and movies roaming free all over these forums.

Exactly. I even stopped going to the DC threads because all the toxic hate there.

12 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Your mileage may vary then. There are threads for discussing music and singers, then there are threads like classic conversations for random talks. In the main forum, every movie threads go off topic at times, but it mostly arose from either the actors/actresses involved or related news popping up. 

All other threads in the OS box office sub-forums provide numbers with discussions related to the state and conditions of BO specific to the titled country or movie. If you don't see how this thread is different from others, then I like I said, whatever works for your mileage. 

Franchise hates are not scarce around here. So I don't care about people expressing their hate nor I criticized the thread cause of it. You seem to think so, I can't help in that case. 

A few members have tried to steer the conversations back to BO and also provided numbers and analysis. I appreciate that. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Mojo reports that CA3 opened to $2.7M (about 9.5M reais). How does that compare with other super hero movies?

BvS opened about  R $ 12 million and it was $3,5M with previews from Wednesday

Edited by Pypa94
  • Like 4