Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

17 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

When will this thread reach 1000?

1000 pages huh? Good question..It all depends on the success of some movies (records in particular), new Brazilian members coming in and so on...With the current pace I would say end of the year or the first months of next year.

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

1000 pages huh? Good question..It all depends on the success of some movies (records in particular), new Brazilian members coming in and so on...With the current pace I would say end of the year or the first months of next ye

Get ready for F&F 8, GOTG, Alien Covenant, POTC 5, WW, Cars 3, Transformers,  DMC 3, SPH, WFTPOTA, Thor, Justice League, and Star Wars to flood the thread like crazy this year since Brazil is a growing market.

Edited by chrisman0606
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm going for the Wednesday previews of F8, and it is already sold out. I'm expecting it to break the OW record in LC, but with a lower total than F7 did.

That seems fair enough, particularly with the competition from GOTG2 that could surprise us all.

1 minute ago, chrisman0606 said:

Get ready for F&F 8, GOTG, Alien Covenant, POTC 5, WW, Cars 3, Transformers,  DMC 3, SPH, WFTPOTA, Thor, Justice League, and Star Wars to flood like crazy this year since Brazil is a growing market.

Ahaha yeah, 2017 is likely to be a great year, in USD and local currency :)

7 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

what's up with y'all lmfaoooooo, FUCK IT UP FULLBUSTER !!!

tumblr_nzrya7bJ4j1s5jil7o1_540.gif

THANK YOU! IT'S EXACTLY THAT!!! :D

Anyway, my post got 15 likes and this thread got some welcome new posters and even followers, that's an excellent thing, thanks everyone ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slambros said:

Happy birthday!

:dunce:

(...The emoji is wearing a birthday hat, right?)

I don't remember seeing you before so thank you for your post and your presence here :D

Yeah, let's say it's a birthday hat ahaha :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

huh what why was I tagged here

Don't belittle yourself that way :( You're a valued member ;)

7 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Well congrats. I don't visit this thread much, but at least I'm familiar with it.

Thanks for visiting :D

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

7-1

What does that mean?

7 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Like being invited to a party for a person you didn't even know existed.

You seriously tell me you never saw the biggest thread of international forums?

Well, it's true I never see you on OS threads :jeb!:

7 hours ago, chrisman0606 said:

Congrats and I hope for Brazil to become the China of Latin American box office in the future.

Thanks :D I hope so too, I created this thread because I expected a lot from this market given the potential, many roadblocks since then though...but at least it started to be relatively strong again :)

• Like 1

About Furious 7, this is an important reminder :

-R$36.9m OW. With today's rate that would give us $11.8m OW, slightly more than Beauty and the Beast ($11.2m). Civil War currently holds the record : R$43.8m, with today's ER that would mean $14m. It won't be easy for Furious 8 to beat this just 1 year after Civil War, wait&see.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Is Brazil a fast growing market, seems like every other month its a new biggest opener?

Not every month, more like every year. Sometimes the record can be broken 2 or 3 times in the same year. In 2015 it was Avengers 2, in 2016 Civil War passed it and the record could be broken by Furious 8 or Justice League this year.

Yes it's one of the world's fastest-growing markets, with an annual growth between 10-20%. Currently the market can beat France and Germany for many movies and that would be even more impressive without the horrible exchange rate that undermines it. With a normal ER the market would be bigger, in USD, than Germany, Australia and close to France/South Korea.

Given the population and youth of this country the potential is far from being exploited yet, this market could easily become twice or three times bigger than Japan for example, once at its full potential.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2