Eric Quinn

Weekend Thread (6/24-26) | Actuals: Elvis 31.2, TGM 29.6, JWD 26.7, Black Phone 23.6, Lightyear 18.1

49 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I heard Rowan Atkinson promoting that on the new Kermode and Mayo podcast, the episodes are like 10 minutes long. He mentioned they originally developed the show for another streamer so it was probably going to be a Quibi "series", moat of those were just movies cut up into segments.

I also lost interest when I heard it was a series but after reading that they are 10 min each I'm going to check it out. Looney Tunes length sounds like a perfect distraction while waiting for Saturday numbers

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

625m final seems a bit conservative, given that it would require an average 33% drop weekly from here on out, when so far, including a boosted memorial day drop and it's relatively poor 3rd week drop, it's still managed a 29% average drop rate

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mulder said:

Dude it got an A- on CinemaScore. The ComTrack and RT scores aren't great but they're not awful. That's not evidence. There's no evidence that its having bad WOM when its having fine drops. Look at Lightyear's awful drops for bad WOM.

It's ending around 50M short of FK despite starting similar OW and way less competition.

I don't know what more evidence you need.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mulder said:

Dude it got an A- on CinemaScore. The ComTrack and RT scores aren't great but they're not awful. That's not evidence. There's no evidence that its having bad WOM when its having fine drops. Look at Lightyear's awful drops for bad WOM.

Oh my god, do you actually believe JWD has better WoM than Lightyear :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

So TG probably won weekend? Elvis under both TG and JWD is rough. BP fell hard?

Will Elvis even get to 30? It's 22.7 now. 20.22 for TG. 17.4 for Black Phone. 18.1 for JWD. What will Sunday drops be?

Both TG and Elvis should do just above 30. I think TG will win by a very small marge 

JW at #3 and Black Phone with 23M 

Lightyear is a disaster

Edited by ThomasNicole

Just now, ringedmortality said:

yes

what are you even talking about? Why would a 30m opening for Elvis hurt Austin Butler? It's not a great opening by any means, but it still beat expectations and trade projections enough so the headlines will be fun. Egerton was almost nominated for a 25m OW, Butler will still be in the running since he has a better studio, better reviews, and better box office run

• Like 4

Just now, motionpic05 said:

So, would a $23 million OW for Black Phone be good?

I just hope horror movies continue to have a presence theatrically.

very good, its only got a 18m prod budget and with good WOM should easily be able to turn a profit