Eric is Anxious

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Nobody wanted to see Cats and everyone knew it would be bad though. It already had a very niche, limited audience since it was a notoriously weird stage show. And the movie cast was awful (James Corden) which was first indication it was a flop. Once that trailer hit, it was over. 

Uhh yeah before the trailer hit people were like "hmm I wonder how they could make a movie out of this".

Just now, cannastop said:

Uhh yeah before the trailer hit people were like "hmm I wonder how they could make a movie out of this".

The question wasn't of hype and interest, it was an actual question of "How the hell are they going to do make a Cats movie". Because it was seemingly impossible and still is because of the baggage and inconsistent history of stage adaptations. And then the trailer showed that CGI and answered the question with "Not good"

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, Doffy said:

Disney has three more big movies left all are 200m+ ow candidates especially avatar 2 which will easily make 2b ww and 900 domestic.

Avatar isn´t really Disney win. It´s a full Cameron picture, the original was from Fox and the sequel will also be released as a 20th Century production. 

Of course they owned in the end, but the success of this movie will come from differect factors other than Disney management imo. 

When it comes to Disney, i really think they´re in a bad position right now, mainly because of bad choices. It can be solved of course but Pixar brand seems to be way more attached to D+ than it can be, Disney animation can easily enter the same territory if they´re not careful. Even with Marvel i don´t think demanding all this TV projects is such a good idea, they´re also failing with marketing, Feige was pissed with the DS2 rollout that i think it help to create even more absurd expectations leading to disappointment, Thor 4 also have an abysmal close to release campaign. I was really surprised Chapek have his contract renewed.

8 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The question wasn't of hype and interest, it was an actual question of "How the hell are they going to do make a Cats movie". Because it was seemingly impossible and still is because of the baggage and inconsistent history of stage adaptations. And then the trailer showed that CGI and answered the question with "Not good"

There isn't really hype for any movie before images from it are shown, imo.

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

There isn't really hype for any movie before images from it are shown, imo.

I don't really think that's true. Most of the time an announcement and casting is enough to at least spark some idea and discussion. If Marvel announced on Monday that Leonardo DiCaprio was Dr. Doom, the internet would break from hype

24 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Definitely, Warner needs to be really careful, put this movie on freeze for the rest of the year once the shooting end is the wise option, this way i think it will be still super fresh for OW.

This is Warner we are talking about... I think there is a decent chance they will fuck up with this and kill the hype.

25 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Barbie gives me CATs vibe

Nope.  Sorry my man Charlie, you are dead wrong on this one.  

I'll bet anyone here that Barbie (pending decent reviews) is a massive hit.  It isn't an ironic joke trying to take itself ultra serious like the shit CATS was.  They aren't in the same universe.  

• Like 6

I'm just telling everyone and anyone that will listen, Barbie is going to be a massive hit.  This isn't Cats or Dora or whatever comparison you want to make.  

They have Lego movie'd this thing.  They didn't hire 2 what seems to be off the wall director/writer to go in some way off direction.

WB got a full treatment and script before they were signed.  They know exactly what the movie is going to be.  I know people that have read the script and say it is flat out brilliant.  

This will not fail.  

• Like 7

Just now, EmpireCity said:

I'm just telling everyone and anyone that will listen, Barbie is going to be a massive hit.  This isn't Cats or Dora or whatever comparison you want to make.  

They have Lego movie'd this thing.  They didn't hire 2 what seems to be off the wall director/writer to go in some way off direction.

WB got a full treatment and script before they were signed.  They know exactly what the movie is going to be.  I know people that have read the script and say it is flat out brilliant.  

This will not fail.  

I'm expecting respectable Scooby Doo numbers, not total breakout unless reviews are great