Eric the Minion

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Shrek 5 - if good - could do 700M+ DOM and im not joking.

TBH I think at this point, a fifth Shrek film is a bit pointless whereas a live action Shrek remake could do BATB numbers and I think Universal would be more inclined to do the latter.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

a live action Shrek remake could do BATB numbers

lmao.

I'd love to see that.

And my love I mean Oh hell no.

I also doubt they have the disney magic and it will probably come out looking and being horrific.

Just now, cannastop said:

lmao.

I'd love to see that.

And my love I mean Oh hell no.

I also doubt they have the disney magic and it will probably come out looking and being horrific.

like most live action disney adaptations

Just now, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

like most live action disney adaptations

well the real disney magic is making a shit ton of money, and that remains to be seen with other companies remaking their 'toons.

• Like 1

Just now, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Has anyone even tried?

I said it remains to be seen. 🤷‍♂️

I guess there was the Flintstones live action but that's maybe a little different (appealing to boomers rather than millennials)

2 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Has anyone even tried?

I have the most horrifying suspicion a live-action Iron Giant will happen. That is my greatest fear, and I know Warner is waiting to hit the “make a remake” button any day now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I said it remains to be seen. 🤷‍♂️

I guess there was the Flintstones live action but that's maybe a little different (appealing to boomers rather than millennials)

Scooby Doo did very well back in 2002. 

With Shrek, a live action remake isn't that unlikely given the film has already been adapted as a stage musical. It's a matter of when rather than if. 

I would say having seen the stage musical, I wouldn't be opposed to Shrek being done through prosthetics and make up and a bit of CGI although I suspect motion capture would be easier. 

• ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

I have the most horrifying suspicion a live-action Iron Giant will happen. That is my greatest fear, and I know Warner is waiting to hit the “make a remake” button any day now.

god I hope not

14 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

was thinking more animated movies turned into live action ones, not stuff like flintstones or scooby doo

in five years disney will do live action nightmare before christmas. tim burton's creatively bankrupt ass is gonna come back to direct it and it's gonna be like idk, andrew garfield as jack skellington.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Here's a fun fact, TGM has officially passed I2 launch aligned, and will pass TA this Wednesday:
TA: $573.69m
TGM: $571.48m
I2: $553.53m

This makes $650m an absolute lock, as TA did $623m despite making less than half of TGM's dallies at this point in it's run

Here's how it tracks against other $600m contenders:

TLJ: $604.81m 

JW: $612.6m
IW: $644.17m
BP: $633.18m

Currently it's post OW total is tracking between Avatar and BP, BP's post OW total was $498m, Avatar's was $672m. If this continues (somewhat optimistic), its looking at a $585m post OW total, which would yield a final DOM haul of $711. Range currently looks to be $675-715m

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

The series was a bit before my time so I don't understand how Shrek movies are so big like that? 

Shrek was so big it’s hard to explain. I was 6 when the first one came out and suddenly the world was just injected with Shrek everything. soundtrack, merch, video games, TV, and it just continued with the next movie. Shrek’s cultural impact was enormous. 

• Like 1