Eric is Quiet

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't think the guy who has enough time to frequently come onto this site to brag about how he is always right and whine about mods has any right to say this shit. 

Sure I do, and I'm 1000% right. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

For reference, how old are some of you? 

Guess I thought I would contribute and add to the list of 20 somethings here. Just turned 24. Also still have a VCR in my apartment that I brought from my parents house. Have barely ever posted in here mainly just lurking since around TFA I believe is when I really started looking at the numbers. Also, just saw Thor and was whelmed I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:
5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$32.8m for Thor (+1.4 vs ests, 144.4)

phew that was close

much easier to engage in concern trolling when the mcu doesnt hold the top 2 ows of the year 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol, take a few hours off here and you miss a lot.  After seeing the ages of nearly everyone here, it is no wonder that this board and most of your opinions are the way they are.  

The vast majority of you have never been through a truly hard work day in your lives.  Most have grown up in a fantasy land of good economics, low interest rates, plentiful jobs and cushy working conditions. Mommy and daddy have taken care of most everything and student loans took care of the rest.  Maybe you had to man a register at the local Target at some point.  

All of you are in the "great resignation" generation, the generation that cries about being overworked and underpaid and very likely have never spent a day on a hot roof putting down shingles or detassiling corn in 100 degree heat or spent a summer pouring concrete to the point you pass out.  Shit that paid you $5.15 to start and maybe $8 per hour if you were lucky.  

VFX artists are paid market rate and their working conditions are more than adequate.  They work on tight timelines, but they also work in air conditioned offices and have benefits and perks as well.  

So many of you are in for a rude awakening when the next economic downturn truly hits, and that might be about 2-3 months away from happening.  So many that have written shitty think piece posts and made silly demands from their work while being artificially lifted up by stimulus money are going to be begging to take a job when reality kicks them in the teeth.  

Get ready, it's coming.  The people who will survive it will be the people willing to work.  

Wooooo lawdy. I agree, but let the young people enjoy their youth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

phew that was close

much easier to engage in concern trolling when the mcu doesnt hold the top 2 ows of the year 

Only 675k away, could still flip if fri and sun actuals rise a tad.

2 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Wooooo lawdy. I agree, but let the young people enjoy their youth.

Hey, I agree and will, but they sometimes need a reality check.  All these posters in their 20's, even the absolute oldest ones, were 15 years old when the 2008 shitstorm happened.  Many of them were barely 10 years old.  

None of them have experienced an economy where it is hard to get a job.  None of them have experienced an economy where it is hard to get a loan or operate without the government sending you a check when times are tough.  Nearly all of them work jobs that don't require any actual hard labor.  

I hope they enjoy the good times, because the bad times aren't fun and the good times never ever last.  

• Like 4

https://deadline.com/2022/07/a24-marcel-the-shell-with-shoes-on-specialty-box-office-2-1235061104/

A24 Has Another Indie Hit, As ‘Marcel The Shell’ Slides Into Top 10 – Specialty Box Office

It’s a favorite with critics (99% Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes), has strong word-of-mouth (92% RT audience score) and corresponding stellar exit polls. It will expand to 130-150 screens next week setting up for a long summer run.

Semi-EEAO incoming? 

2 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Only 675k away, could still flip if fri and sun actuals rise a tad.

dont step on my dream

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I remember when I was young, idealistic, and ready to solve all of society’s social ills. 

Then 9/11 happened.

Haha, yep.  Like the old saying, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.  

• Like 3

Ya'll out here ranting about Gen Z "having a cushy life" when they are the first generation to have had active school shooter drills in classes and traumatized to the point of breakdown as kids with the possibility of getting shot in the middle of a Pop Quiz 🙄 And let's not even get into the additional trauma of being an LGBT or trans kid or a POC kid in MAGAland. But I guess they need to be tougher because they haven't put shingles on roofs

GTFO with that bs. If you haven't helped make life easier for the next generation, then you are part of the problem. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2