Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

A lot of these numbers are great IMO with some wc impact. Main underperformers are obviously China, Japan and to a smaller degree UK and DOM so far.

No wc and normal china, this open 600M+ I'd say. Much less worried than I was a few days ago.

yeah

my dooming ended 3 days ago

lets see what happens 

WC will probably impact Sunday almost everywhere and even more than people expect. It should be by far the most watched WC final ever with like 1 billion people watching the entire thing and even more tuning in for parts of it. And it went on for like 3+ hours. Even in asian countries you will see a noticable impact. 

Edited by Gkalaitza

6 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

WC will probably impact Sunday almost everywhere and even more than people expect. It should be by far the most watched WC final ever with like 900 million people watching the entire thing and even more tuning in for parts of it. And it went on for like 3+ hours. Even in asian countries you will see a noticable impact. 

WC will have significant impact mainly in Europe and LATAM..I don't think it'll have significant impact in US, Asia. In lot of the East Asian countries, WorldCup started almost at midnight....In Korea & Japan, Worldcup final started at midnight 12AM...In Thailand, Philippines etc, it would have started almost at 11PM. In India, it started at around 9PM but India is one market where I don't expect WC to have much impact..infact Sunday is going to be biggest day at boxoffice so far for A2 in India. 

2 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

WC will have significant impact mainly in Europe and LATAM..I don't think it'll have significant impact in US, Asia. In lot of the East Asian countries, WorldCup started almost at midnight....In Korea & Japan, Worldcup final started at midnight 12AM...In Thailand, Philippines etc, it would have started almost at 11PM. In India, it started at around 9PM but India is one market where I don't expect WC to have much impact..infact Sunday is going to be biggest day at boxoffice so far for A2 in India. 

I guess India is one of few markets that hasn't let Avatar down in weekend.

14 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

WC will probably impact Sunday almost everywhere and even more than people expect. It should be by far the most watched WC final ever with like 1 billion people watching the entire thing and even more tuning in for parts of it. And it went on for like 3+ hours. Even in asian countries you will see a noticable impact. 

of course Asia like world cup but WC in Asia is happened almost the end of the day,so that's doesn't matter

18 minutes ago, Bruce said:

of course Asia like world cup but WC in Asia is happened almost the end of the day,so that's doesn't matter

End of the day still can impact stuff. Even in Korea where Final started at midnight anyone that wanted to stay up and watch it will likely not touch any screening past 19:00. Like even if the screening is at 20:00 you get out of teh theaters at 23:30 and then you have to get your ass home in half an hour to catch  the final. And for every time zone to the west of korea the impact gets bigger and bigger

Edited by Gkalaitza

3 hours ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Going off these openings, maybe something like this for the final totals....

China - $125-150M

S. Korea - $90-110M

Germany - $80-100M

France - $80-100M

India - $55-70M

UK - $60-75M

Mexico - $50-60M

Australia - $40-50M

Italy - $35-45M

Brazil - $35-45M
Spain - $25-35M

Spain is quite leggy so I can already see them surpassing the Italian total (once again)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Japan is this weird market where things that are popular everywhere else can just get ignored entirely but then randomly gives films uber leggy giant runs. i.e. how Disney's animated films never did particularly big business in Japan until Frozen went completely bonkers and got close to Spirited Away (would've likely gotten #2 all-time back then if Disney hadn't rushed BDs out).

Makes tracking pretty fun and unpredictable though tbh. I prefer the super leggy surprises to the mega opening, flame out quick kind of run.

And there is Demon Slayer above everything, big opening big legs and big total.

3 hours ago, Gkalaitza said:

4 billions viewers for the World Cup final

13 minutes ago, LPLC said:

4 billions viewers for the World Cup final

that definitely isn't true... world population is around 8 Billion and 3 Billion of them are in India & China where the viewership for the final would be very low due to less interest and late starting time

• Like 2

Just now, upriser7 said:

that definitely isn't true... world population is around 8 Billion and 3 Billion of them are in India & China where the viewership for the final would be very low due to less interest and late starting time

Yea it'll be around 1.25-1.4 billion if the last two WC Finals rates of increase hold. Total viewership for all matches is around 5 billion but that doesn't mean 5 billion individuals watched.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/world-cup-final-watch-audience-record-tv-stream-2022/cs0lbgjcehr7ld8jqqb1mwpj

4 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Ok sorry I had seen an article that said that and another that said there were 3 billion viewers in the 2018 final but that's probably exaggerated

13 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Yea it'll be around 1.25-1.4 billion if the last two WC Finals rates of increase hold. Total viewership for all matches is around 5 billion but that doesn't mean 5 billion individuals watched.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/world-cup-final-watch-audience-record-tv-stream-2022/cs0lbgjcehr7ld8jqqb1mwpj

yeah...this number makes sense and is much closer to reality. People overestimate these things all the time. For example in India, average rating per match this worldcup has been around 5M viewers which is like 0.33% of Indian population. Can't imagine viewing numbers in China to be much higher either considering the match started almost close to midnight there.

Edited by upriser7