Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

Some of your estimations are a little bit overrated. I can talk about Italy my country.

Today sales seems low, this is like a disney live action, it really works on saturday and sunday with families.

Here after pandemic the holding of movies is really bad so you're overrating what he can make after the holiday. Also the 24Th december and 31 dec on saturdays is a very bad news.

Yeah legs will be good but this is still a sequel, first weekend is still frontloaded. The final of this will be 36/-36M euros. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Avatar is officially the biggest franchise in Euro, replacing the like of SW, and Middle-Earth. 

without 65 of tickets in 3d and at around 5% as very movie  you have less money than beauty and the beast

Edited by vale9001

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

without 65 of tickets in 3d and at around 5% as very movie  you have less money than beauty and the beast

Neither it is a small feat to encourage this many people to pay extra price now for 3D now. Yes, ATP for Avatar 2 is higher than other tentpole but this shouldn't be something to be-little about. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

like I said, people overestimated the impact of WorldCup final. Even in Europe where I thought the impact would be quite significant, it didn't drop that much

Indeed, except in France of course. But even that was less of a drop than superbowl sundays in the US.

Edited by Elessar

19 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

like I said, people overestimated the impact of WorldCup final. Even in Europe where I thought the impact would be quite significant, it didn't drop that much

Bro it had a viewership of over 1 BILLION humans. And a lot of people were celebrating thereafter. It most def did have a sizeable impact. The fact that it held so well means it's future holds will be even better than thought. 

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Neither it is a small feat to encourage this many people to pay extra price now for 3D now. Yes, ATP for Avatar 2 is higher than other tentpole but this shouldn't be something to be-little about. 

what i mean is you can't say is the biggest franchise in Europe. And for a reason: endgame was bigger. Than maybe avatar 2 will make more but we don't have a crystal ball. Until now is far far less eventful than End Game or last Spider man. Or even some disney live action. 

Edited by vale9001

54 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Some of your estimations are a little bit overrated. I can talk about Italy my country.

Today sales seems low, this is like a disney live action, it really works on saturday and sunday with families.

Here after pandemic the holding of movies is really bad so you're overrating what he can make after the holiday. Also the 24Th december and 31 dec on saturdays is a very bad news.

Yeah legs will be good but this is still a sequel, first weekend is still frontloaded. The final of this will be 36/-36M euros. 

Damn another Italian users, in the last couple of days we basically doubled 😅

Edited by MG10
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

If Beauty and the Beast released now post covid and with shit exchange rates vs dollar it would be interesting. But there is next year The Little Mermaid we will see how that one performs to have better understanding how Disney live actions do 

Edited by adaros