Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

15 hours ago, MG10 said:

Avatar 2: La Via dell'Acqua - Film (2022) (comingsoon.it)

And here we go! From today Avatar 2 is back in over 100 theaters (hoping that they will increase again over the weekend). Unlike Spain and France it doesn't have big goals to reach but it would be nice to round up the current 44.66M euros to 45M

Well it seems that yesterday Avatar grossed just 4k euros with 500 tickets sold, let's hope it gets a bit better during the weekend (which will be quite long since it includes 24 and 25 April due to the Liberation Day) 

On 4/22/2023 at 10:54 AM, jma22 said:

Sadly there isn't expansion in Spain.. Just 30 theatres for Avatar 2 (Last weekend there were 40) Wont cross 7 M admits

I don´t like Disney for many things, but this one is important, no taking care of records..

On 4/22/2023 at 10:54 AM, jma22 said:

Sadly there isn't expansion in Spain.. Just 30 theatres for Avatar 2 (Last weekend there were 40) Wont cross 7 M admits

No problem.

It will cross 7M admissions in the future with the re-release.

Edited by efialtes76

5 minutes ago, setna said:

I see, but 685 means nothing special, no 700, no overcoming other film, i don´t understand it...

I don't think they were trying to hit any special milestone. Disney has basically no film in wide release right now until GotG2, so they probably thought a small expansion for Avatar 2 starting Earth Day was better than nothing. I do agree they should have gone for a much bigger expansion (maybe an extended cut) to try and hit $700 million DOM.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 10:24 AM, Borobudur said:

Overseas added another $900k. The small expansion has negligible effect. 

DOMESTIC (29.5%)
$683,648,725

+ $700k to overseas gross.  

DOMESTIC (29.5%)
$683,957,969
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fact that we can only get this digitally at the moment is pretty annoying (I don’t want to pay for a lossy streaming version). We got the original film on disc in April 2010, but there doesn’t seem to be anything on the horizon here yet…

On 12/30/2022 at 1:44 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

$1.35B+ OS projection now. Can rise to $1.4B in the end.

Made $1,385B in the end. Late legs have been good but not as great as we could have thought ...

16 minutes ago, ShadowWeegee said:

I believe the number Charlie said and that is being referred to was OS-China.

Maybe your right but back then no one saw it crossing $2.3B.

Charlie’s prediction December 30 was 650 DOM + 200 China + 1350 OS. It ended up with 684 DOM + 246 China + 1385 OS (and counting).