Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

5 hours ago, LPLC said:

I don't understand, normally public places like cinemas are closed at the moment, women and children have left the territory and there are just men who have to stay to fight how is it possible ? Where did he say that ?

Probably the Russia soldiers take their time to cinema in Ukraine for the movie since the movie is not officially released in Russia? 

Jokes aside, it is possible. Nothing else is better than a escapism movie during war time when Avatar 2's run in Ukraine during this winter season, was the "most" calm period over the course of war.  There isn't much significant battles or activities during this winter so probably that encourage people to go out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Did it manage to beat Endgame minus China or not?

Internationally, yes. Endgame made about $1.31 billion without China, and Way of Water is at about $1.37 billion without China. 

Worldwide, no. Endgame made $2.17 billion worldwide without China, and Way of Water is at almost $2.04 billion without China. 

That said, if Way of Water had Russia under its belt, WW-China might be pretty close...

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

That said, if Way of Water had Russia under its belt, WW-China might be pretty close...

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

we take away Russia because A2 isn't playing there

Russia - $15 438 709 / 2 006 759 admits until Feb 26

https://www.kinometro.ru/box/show/year/2023/region/ruonly/week/8

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

I was going by Box Office Mojo where Russia isn't listed. Are we sure that's an officially sanctioned release? I thought Hollywood isn't releasing movies there...

Ant-Man 3 &Puss In Boot are also playing in Russia - $1.53M &$4.66M respectively 

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Ant-Man 3 &Puss In Boot are also playing in Russia - $1.53M &$4.66M respectively 

Why is Russian box office not part of the offical gross then? Are those basically pirated copies?

Just now, Elessar said:

Why is Russian box office not part of the offical gross then? Are those basically pirated copies?

I am not sure either. They (Russian from RBO Thread) say not legal release, because the source haven't listed the distributor name "blanked with —" But, these are tracked numbers. Actual numbers are lot higher like $32M for Avatar 2. 

Whatever, my point is that it's playing on Russia &James Cameron's Masterpiece isn't missing to playing anywhere outside North Korea.