Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

This thread seems dead. I might as well give it some life by showing off how well this movie keeps on performing in my province even in its fifth weekend:

It's honestly surreal to see a Hollywood movie pulling off occupancy rates as high as these in its fifth weekend. In the old times the average Hollywood movie would be out of most theaters by now. But in the new age when most local filmmakers are running off to Netflix and Disney+, these movies now have more room to breathe and last a lot longer than they used to. This movie needs to score at least 111K admissions here this weekend in order to become the 7th Hollywood movie ever to reach the 2M admit milestone by Monday. Judging by these results, it's a done deal. But the :ohmygod:doesn't end there. Just for fun, I decided to also take a look at a few IMAX screenings across my homeland:

I genuinely have no words. And these are all before the yearly K12 winter break begins next weekend. On a side note, I'm not sure why the last theater decided to remove a bunch of random seats from their IMAX auditorium. I actually went there back in 2021 to watch Shang-Chi in IMAX.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 2

16 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This thread seems dead. I might as well give it some life by showing off how well this movie keeps on performing in my province even in its fifth weekend:

It's honestly surreal to see a Hollywood movie pulling off occupancy rates as high as these in its fifth weekend. In the old times the average Hollywood movie would be out of most theaters by now. But in the new age when most local filmmakers are running off to Netflix and Disney+, these movies now have more room to breathe and last a lot longer than they used to. This movie needs to score at least 111K admissions here this weekend in order to become the 7th Hollywood movie ever to reach the 2M admit milestone by Monday. Judging by these results, it's a done deal. But the :ohmygod:doesn't end there. Just for fun, I decided to also take a look at a few IMAX screenings across my homeland:

I genuinely have no words. And these are all before the yearly K12 winter break begins next weekend. On a side note, I'm not sure why the last theater decided to remove a bunch of random seats from their IMAX auditorium. I actually went there back in 2021 to watch Shang-Chi in IMAX.

This thread is not dead

The reason why it seems dead because we can’t get the daily OS number anymore

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/13/2023 at 3:42 AM, Taruseth said:

I think you are correct, it lost Japan, Russia, Spain and Australia.

Germany will join this weekend.

Endgame hat China, UK and SK.

TFA had UK, China and Germany

NWH only got 1 (the UK).

Is there anymore outside of Titanic that managed 5? And Avatar that got 9.

A lot of movies end their run with 1 international market above 100m (mostly china, if not the UK/Japan/France).

(and the US is also above 100m🤪.)

The movie with at least two $100m overseas territories. 

1. Avatar (China, UK, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, Russia, Skorea, Spain)

2. Titanic (China, UK, France, Germany, Japan)

3. Avatar 2 (China, UK??, France, Germany, SKorea)

4. Endgame (China, UK, SKorea)

5. TFA (China, UK, Germany)

6. TGM (UK, Japan)

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

6. TGM (UK, Japan)

7 Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 2(UK JAPAN)

8 Frozen 2(China JAPAN)

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

6. TGM (UK, Japan)

41 minutes ago, Bruce said:

7 Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 2(UK JAPAN)

8 Frozen 2(China JAPAN)

Thanks - eight movies, that's very few. And 3 Cameron movies.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Acutally is 9 movie becuase I forget Tiy story 3

Wow - that that was big enough for this.

Still insane that a third are Cameron movies and the only movies managing more than three markets.

Maybe he will be able to join that list with 3,4,5 - thinking China should happen for them and hoping for France, UK, SK and Germany.

13 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Wow - that that was big enough for this.

Still insane that a third are Cameron movies and the only movies managing more than three markets.

Maybe he will be able to join that list with 3,4,5 - thinking China should happen for them and hoping for France, UK, SK and Germany.

That's because Avatar series is the only film series that popular among nearly all nation

even for Japan,at least the first one doing insane number

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So it's doing well in Turkey, but ain't that cinema in Sakarya relatively with a lot of people, compared to other regions?

Avatar beating 5th weekend record in China for HLW film held by Zootopia (¥84m),and it’s the 5th best 5th weekend of all-time behind Nezha(167m)The Battle at Lake Changjin(127m),The eight hundred(121m)and Wolf Warrior 2(109m)

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3