Eric Duncan

Weekdays Thread (8/1-4)

21 minutes ago, Eric the Tank Engine said:

Super worrying about Thursday gross if it can manage to stay above 1m 70+ days above 1million is freaking locked.

Edited by Doffy

3 minutes ago, Doffy said:

Super worrying about Thursday gross if it can manage to stay about 1m 70+ days above 1million is freaking locked.

The only time TGM has dropped 10% or more on Thursday was vs JWD and Thor, so $1M+ vs BT Thur looks good. But next week (Mon?) the streak should end 

Just now, Jiffy said:

Man TGM's 10th Monday gross is higher than Avatar or Titanic. 

Only the holiday-boosted NWH is ahead of it.

I think Monday is Holiday in Canada so a little bit inflated. 

1 minute ago, M37 said:

The only time TGM has dropped 10% or more on Thursday was vs JWD and Thor, so $1M+ vs BT Thur looks good. But next week (Mon?) the streak should end 

By that time it will reach a milestone of 70+ days

JWD and Black Phone PVOD release didn't hurt those movies.

It was only the physical video release that killed NWH run.

As long as Minions doesn't release for free on Peac**k and physical video too early, it can still keep on crusing through August and beat the first Minions DOM.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Doffy said:

I think Monday is Holiday in Canada so a little bit inflated. 

There really wasn't a holiday here in Canada on monday. It's a civic holiday which means that governments and banks are closed and that's pretty much it. When I was working yesterday I was just as busy as I was on any other day. Factories warehouses restaurants movie theaters and every other regular business were open regular hours yesterday. They might have closed a little bit earlier but that's about it. So I don't think the number was really that inflated yesterday unless everybody who works for the government decided to go out and see Top Gun LOL

• Like 1

I just got out of crawdogs and I absolutely loved it. It's definitely one of my favorite movies so far this year and I'm sure it will make my top 10 at the end of the year. I like this one even more than I liked elvis. I can see why it's having good legs and it felt like a throwback to an era of film that was once popular but is now forgotten.

Remember when films like presumed Innocent or A few Good Men or even some lesser known movies like shattered even A Time to kill has similar DNA to this kind of movie. It's a mystery, it's something that keeps you guessing right up until the end and it's well done all across the board.

• Like 4

The party week for TGM has begun. 

Biggest domestic 10th Monday:

1 Jan 21, 2013 Silver Linings Playbook $1,987,543 2,523 $788 $56,699,649
2 Feb 21, 2022 Spider-Man: No Way Home   $1,770,762 2,956 $599    $772,170,405
3 Feb 21, 2005 Million Dollar Baby $1,332,093 2,105 $633 $55,645,680
4 Aug 1, 2022 Top Gun: Maverick $1,308,232   3,008   $435 $651,619,522
Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1