Eric Duncan

Weekdays Thread (8/1-4)

Movie Title Distributor Gross %YD %LW Theaters Per
Theater
Total
Gross
Days In
Release
- (1) DC League of Super Pets Warner Bros. $2,660,000 -55%   4,314 $617 $25,663,441 4
- (7) Elvis Warner Bros. $900,000 -50% -17% 2,901 $310 $129,814,057 39
- (-) A Love Song Bleecker Street $1,056 -52%   4 $264 $17,102 4
- (-) Mr. Malcolm’s List Bleecker Street $278 -56% -80% 15 $19 $1,884,087 32

4   $3,561,334            
Our box office charts are compiled from data provided to us by distributors. To be included on our charts, please send reports to bodata@the-numbers.com.
  • Like 1

Not a great Monday for Super Pets, but could have a solid Tue (+50%/$4M+) since the discount days are getting stronger. Thinking ~$34M full first week 

16 minutes ago, Eric the Tank Engine said:
    Movie Title Distributor Gross %YD %LW Theaters Per
Theater
Total
Gross
Days In
Release
- (1) DC League of Super Pets Warner Bros. $2,660,000 -55%   4,314 $617 $25,663,441 4
- (7) Elvis Warner Bros. $900,000 -50% -17% 2,901 $310 $129,814,057 39
- (-) A Love Song Bleecker Street $1,056 -52%   4 $264 $17,102 4
- (-) Mr. Malcolm’s List Bleecker Street $278 -56% -80% 15 $19 $1,884,087 32

4   $3,561,334            
Our box office charts are compiled from data provided to us by distributors. To be included on our charts, please send reports to bodata@the-numbers.com.

Just bought cheap Tuesday tickets for Super-Pets (although the oldest is refusing to see it, so I got off $6 cheaper).  It's the last cheap Tuesday movie of my year as my kids all have day and night classes (for the dual enrolled HSer), so I'll be back to one movie a month on weekends with Cinemark:)!  It was a fun summer of Tuesday viewing, though!

PS - I had a LOT of seat options for 7pm tonight (when there is only 1 7pm hour show, even though it has 3 screens worth for the afternoon ones). so it's definitely not selling outside the kid base...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Elvis with his first day under a million but still on its way to a terrific final gross in North america.

I'm on my way to see crawdad's.

• Like 2

Just now, baumer said:

Elvis with his first day under a million but still on its way to a terrific final gross in North america.

I'm on my way to see crawdad's.

I hope you also see lobsters and crabs as well.

• Haha 1

Well for the next month I'm working the evening shift which is 5:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. so hopefully this will give me an opportunity to see a lot of movies at the theater that I haven't gotten around to seeing.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Well for the next month I'm working the evening shift which is 5:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. so hopefully this will give me an opportunity to see a lot of movies at the theater that I haven't gotten around to seeing.

U work in theatre?

49 minutes ago, baumer said:

There's about 40 people here at 1:15 of crawdad.  I'm 50 years old. I'm probably the youngest one here by 20 years. 

amazing. I’m going next week.  They’re THE best crowd. 

which reminds me….

I forgot to tell you all the story of how I saw ‘Men’ opening day matinee, and it was me and two female pensioners in there. Actually, one was early 60’s and the other was definitely around 80. 
“That was an interesting movie!” the oldest said as I patiently waited for her to get down the stairs with her walking stick. 

Then…a few weeks later - opening day for The Black Phone - the same two women were in there!

Old folk loving their horror! Opening day, first show nerds no less.  Making a mockery of our stereotypical demos for genres. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Did Minions hit PVOD today? I thought Uni had a 45 day window in place for openers above $50 million?

The 45 days windows is for Peacock.

The 17 or 30 days windows is for VOD

Edited by Grebacio