Eric Duncan

Weekdays Thread (8/1-4)

51 minutes ago, baumer said:

I just got out of crawdogs and I absolutely loved it. It's definitely one of my favorite movies so far this year and I'm sure it will make my top 10 at the end of the year. I like this one even more than I liked elvis. I can see why it's having good legs and it felt like a throwback to an era of film that was once popular but is now forgotten.

Remember when films like presumed Innocent or A few Good Men or even some lesser known movies like shattered even A Time to kill has similar DNA to this kind of movie. It's a mystery, it's something that keeps you guessing right up until the end and it's well done all across the board.

DNA to those? SOLD!! 

glad you enjoyed it, and it’s definitely been one of the stories of the summer at the box office. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I just got out of crawdogs and I absolutely loved it. It's definitely one of my favorite movies so far this year and I'm sure it will make my top 10 at the end of the year. I like this one even more than I liked elvis. I can see why it's having good legs and it felt like a throwback to an era of film that was once popular but is now forgotten.

Remember when films like presumed Innocent or A few Good Men or even some lesser known movies like shattered even A Time to kill has similar DNA to this kind of movie. It's a mystery, it's something that keeps you guessing right up until the end and it's well done all across the board.

The Client,Mississippi Burning,The Firm,The Pelican Brief..

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

The party week for TGM has begun. 

Biggest domestic 10th Monday:

1 Jan 21, 2013 Silver Linings Playbook $1,987,543 2,523 $788 $56,699,649
2 Feb 21, 2022 Spider-Man: No Way Home   $1,770,762 2,956 $599    $772,170,405
3 Feb 21, 2005 Million Dollar Baby $1,332,093 2,105 $633 $55,645,680
4 Aug 1, 2022 Top Gun: Maverick $1,308,232   3,008   $435 $651,619,522

The Numbers only lists through the 10th biggest Thursday.  You may have to look it up manually after that.  Good luck.  We'll be waiting. 😎 👍

12 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

The Numbers only lists through the 10th biggest Thursday.  You may have to look it up manually after that.  Good luck.  We'll be waiting. 😎 👍

No limited release bullshit need apply.

Also interesting to note I think Aladdin may have 3rd biggest 11th weekend after Titanic/Avatar.

53 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

No limited release bullshit need apply.

Also interesting to note I think Aladdin may have 3rd biggest 11th weekend after Titanic/Avatar.

Aladdin 9th. Slumdog 3rd, Silver Lining 4th - albeit technically they opened limited. Discarding them, next on the list is Frozen.

2 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Aladdin 9th. Slumdog 3rd, Silver Lining 4th - albeit technically they opened limited. Discarding them, next on the list is Frozen.

Frozen had a limited release on it's opening weekend, so you have to take it's 12th weekend if adjusting for wide openings

So, we saw the Pets:).  Very wholesome and a decent, but not great, movie - unless you're a male in my family and then you're giving it an A- (3) or an F (the youngest - he was bored - he let us know that - a lot afterwards:).

Anyway, I'd give it a C+.  You won't regret seeing it, you won't regret missing it.  Apparently, the 2 girls felt in between the boys, although my daughter gave it a B+ and enjoyed the feel good and "slammed over the head" morals...I less so, but I've seen the trailer about 100x at all the movies this summer...so the movie seemed a little tired, trite, and not great looking - and God, Lex's voice actor was like nails on a chalkboard to me - all the well-cast voices, and then him.  Ah well...

So to review

Spouse - A-

Me - C+ 

2nd daughter - B+

2nd daughter's boyfriend - A-

Oldest son - A-

Youngest son - F

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DC Rich said:

This is really unfair, this is a enormous job to create a list such this.

22 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Superpets $3.68M(+39%)

Elvis $1.07M(+20%)

Good number for superpets as usual Elvis putting some solid numbers.

Edited by Doffy