grim22

Kung Fu Panda 4 | March 8 2024

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Well, this explain something

Yeah after watching the movie I was surprised about RT myself, it was really what I wanted in super Mario movie hahah

but that mindset won’t work for every movie, super Mario bros arguably the most popular video game that span’s generation of ages groups

I guess this kung fu panda isn’t really for old fans but for the kids who will be watching first time 

Kung fu panda 2 won’t be topped 🫠

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Whoa, just 85M?

Yeah I posted the budgets of previous dreamworks movies in last 5 years 

it was in 70-95 million range 

ever since dreamworks went to universal and illumation the budgets have been way down 

Boss baby 2 was only 82 million 

Edited by Minnale101

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Whoa, just 85M?

I mean I buy it. I rewatched the first two a couple days ago, and you can really tell from the trailer they cut corners in this compared to the artistry and scale and production values in the old movies.

People love to proclaim "make movies cheaper", but there's often a downside when you do.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

I mean I buy it. I rewatched the first two a couple days ago, and you can really tell from the trailer they cut corners in this compared to the artistry and scale and production values in the old movies.

People love to proclaim "make movies cheaper", but there's often a downside when you do.

And this one is still in-house, right? I really hope it doesn't suffer that much as far as the overall look and animation is concerned. 

14 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Yeah I posted the budgets of previous dreamworks movies in last 5 years 

it was in 70-95 million range 

ever since dreamworks went to universal and illumation the budgets have been way down 

Boss baby 2 was only 82 million 

I haven't enjoyed any DW and Illumination movies for the past several years except for PIB: THE LAST WISH. One reason is because of how generic-looking they are. There's not much inspiration to be honest.

I followed one of animators of kung fu panda 4 on Twitter since 2022

alot of reason dreamworks and illumation have cheaper budgets especially compared to Disney and Pixar 

they get animators from straight out of animation school and it more of contract work 

Pixar seems to be experienced people who work there for decade and salary is higher, which is good obviously 

it leads to higher budgets 

Just now, kayumanggi said:

I haven't enjoyed any DW and Illumination movies for the past several years except for PIB: THE LAST WISH. One reason is because of how generic-looking they are. There's not much inspiration to be honest.

Obviously I’m not gonna spoil movie having read reviews on Twitter about it 

but the animation wasn’t considered flaw more so weak villain 

• Like 1

The economic reality Dreamworks faces today is they are no longer an animation titan and can't really afford to be spending what they used to on movies. Indeed, Wild Robot will be the last one they produce in Glendale for the foreseeable future. 

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

The economic reality Dreamworks faces today is they are no longer an animation titan and can't really afford to be spending what they used to on movies. Indeed, Wild Robot will be the last one they produce in Glendale for the foreseeable future. 

I’m kung fu panda fan more so shrek but all my friends ask me why they make another kung fu panda not new shrek 

they better go all out for shrek 5, cuz it would make insane money

2 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

I’m kung fu panda fan more so shrek but all my friends ask me why they make another kung fu panda not new shrek 

they better go all out for shrek 5, cuz it would make insane money

They can't do Shrek 5 for 85M.

Only the cast(Myers,Murphy,Diaz,Banderas...) would cost more than that...

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

They can't do Shrek 5 for 85M.

Only the cast(Myers,Murphy,Diaz,Banderas...) would cost more than that...

Yeahh and like I enjoy furious 5 but they got fazed out in 3rd movie, so I guess they can get away with it in 4th movie

but yeah donkey, puss especially after its movie which was amazing 

should be atleast 150 million it could make that back 6-7x back easy 

I mean 4th one was shit and made 700 million 

14 hours ago, KP1025 said:

WDAS and Pixar need to find ways to bring down the budget of their animated films too. $200 million each is not sustainable with their current box office prospects. 

The only way is outsourcing. They're also laying off a lot of people.

Still, history suggests that they won't cut costs. They didn't cut costs when Treasure Planet, Home on the Range were flops.

Pixar itself is expecting Inside Out 2, which I think will be a very profitable movie. Then there's Elio, and then maybe some unknown movie in March 2026... Pixar's in a better position than WDAS but they might both be brought down.

• Like 1

Frozen 3, Toy Story 5 and zootopia 2 all confirmed aslong as they aren’t totallly trash 

those 3 alone could make combined 3 billion 

original movies, sucks enchanto didn’t get a fair shot at box office 

15 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

they get animators from straight out of animation school and it more of contract work 

It's nice they hire people to give them experience, even if the product is cheaper.

• Like 1