YM!

Saw X | 9/29/23

16 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

It'd be a shock if this broke the Saw series' rotten RT streak but I could see this being mid to high 50s. If it did go fresh...having your 10th entry be your best would be hilarious, dethroning Fast peaking with 5.

RT in general has gotten a lot softer on Horror movies. It used to be if you were a horror movie there was no way you could open to 60%+ and now I see a lot of horror movies that are fresh. So theoretically I wouldn't be shocked if somehow Saw X did end up higher than Saw in terms of RT. I think if the original Saw came out today it would have gotten a much better RT score

• Like 1

A few things. I wouldn't expect this to get Fresh on RT (if it does, that's awesome!) but the nature of these movies means that it will be off-putting to people who just aren't fans of these types of movies. High-40s to 50s should be seen as a big win for this movie. That being said, the RT critic-base has expanded significantly since Saw 3D (the "main" Saw series) so there could be more RT-verified critics who would be more inclined to give a positive review than when this series was in its prime.

Also, I'm getting more and more of a feeling that this is going to be the Scream 5 of this franchise. Almost a requel of sorts that opens to around 30M, and gets the studio to fast-track a sequel for next year. Going with 25-30M OW now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

😂😂

I have rewatched Saw and Saw II in prep for Friday. 

That pit of needles scene in Saw II is still unbearable. Yuck! 

I went a bit nuts and just kept going after 2, now I only have Jigsaw and Spiral left 😵

• Like 1

It seems at this point that Saw fans will for sure enjoy this film, and sounds like even people who were fans of just the earlier trilogy will like it as well. I'm curious to see if general horror fans who are not necessarily the biggest Saw fans will like this. Basically from what I've heard this is a very standalone movie and much different than some of the past Saw's.

I'm really excited to see this tomorrow. And I reallyyyyyyy hope it can be first at the box office this week with 25-30M OW, but I'm unsure