YM!

Saw X | 9/29/23

16 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I’m looking forward to Friday, but people saying this is “the best Saw film” must be riding a hype wave, I can’t believe for a second that it’ll be better than the original. I watched Saw 1 recently and it holds up insanely well.

I agree it holds up well!

Cary Elwes and Danny Glover are both awful in it though. Quite a few unintentional laughs the other night lol. 

Wow this is truly nuts, at best I was thinking maybe it could do low 50's. This is really an amazing thing we're seeing here. I'm sure the score is going to drop, probably into the 60's maybe??? I've already seen The Creator go from like 85% to 75%. But holy shit what a crazy turn of events! PLEASE HELP BOOST THE BOX OFFICE

5 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

A fresh Saw movie wasn't in my bingo card...lol

Why are critics enjoying a 10th movie of a franchise where even the fantastic Saw 1 was rotten?

While I never cared about critics ( I'm a huge Saw fan ), I'm really curious about this.

I think if the films came out today. 1 and maybe 2/6 would've gotten fresh. But the rest would not have gotten QUITE the vitriolic response they got, critics today are a lot less hostile towards horror. Hell, Terrifier 2 got good reviews!