YM!

Saw X | 9/29/23

31 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

wtf

I know you like horror movies but even preference aside.. why wouldn't you want an original film doing well financially... over a sequel? I'm seeing this opening night but still a very weird stance

What is so wrong in rooting for a films success that you're a fan of, over a random movie that they may not be interested in at all?

I'm a huge Saw fan so I'm in the same boat in wanting to see Saw X do better than The Creator, which after I watched the trailer for I had no interest in seeing. I'm still hoping Creator does well at the box office, as I never try and root negatively against really any films, but I'm definitely wanting Saw X to do better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eman92 said:

What is so wrong in rooting for a films success that you're a fan of, over a random movie that they may not be interested in at all?

I'm a huge Saw fan so I'm in the same boat in wanting to see Saw X do better than The Creator, which after I watched the trailer for I had no interest in seeing. I'm still hoping Creator does well at the box office, as I never try and root negatively against really any films, but I'm definitely wanting Saw X to do better. 

what personal benefit does it bring you to root for the 10th saw movie? i dont care about the creator but i hope it does well because if it does well, studios will have more interest in making other types of movies and the more range of movies, the better it is

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

wtf

I know you like horror movies but even preference aside.. why wouldn't you want an original film doing well financially... over a sequel? I'm seeing this opening night but still a very weird stance

See my other post, it’s so that horror films will be #1 for 5 consecutive weeks. That’s all. 

5 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

I'm hopeful but these all seem like horror fans so far that's not gonna tell us much about the overall reception.

I mean I don't expect Saw X to impress non horror fans. This film won't get good reviews like Halloween (2018) and IT, but if fans of the horror genre or Saw say its a great entry, then that's a good sign of the quality of this movie. 

I don't expect this movie to do better than 45-50% on RT, the first Saw only got 50% so it just sadly wont ever get universally acclaimed reviews.