YM!

Saw X | 9/29/23

14 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Serious question; was this moved to the end of September because they were scared of going against FNaF, or were Lionsgate just under the deluded impression that they could make Saw Patrol happen? 

FNAF obviously. I think they both benefit. Let's pretend Saw X opens to $20 million and FNAF $50 million. Had they both kept the same day to might have had Saw X opening to $15 million and FNAF $45 million.

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Serious question; was this moved to the end of September because they were scared of going against FNaF, or were Lionsgate just under the deluded impression that they could make Saw Patrol happen? 

They likely did it to not only move away from Freddy's, but also give it a healtier and longer run. Its original date was far too close to Halloween, and now they get to make money for another month until then.

On 9/13/2023 at 6:40 PM, eman92 said:

That is a hilarious ad lol, thats so good. Lionsgate is really stepping up their marketing here. I would love if AMC actually played this in theaters, at least with R Rated movies. But I really don't think they would, doesn't look like they were involved. 

Unfortunately AMC made them take it down. Bad sports. 

Estimated 3,100 theater opening for Saw X which is quite good. This would be the largest theater count for Saw since Saw IV opened to 3,183 theaters. After Saw IV the sequels started opening in less and less theaters. Saw V and Saw VI opened to slightly under 3,100 theaters. And ever since Saw 3D there hasn't been a Saw film that opened to more than 3000 theaters. Saw 3D, Jigsaw and Spiral all opened under 3,000 theaters. I was surprised that Spiral couldn't even crack over 3000 theaters considering there were literally NO movies playing during COVID. As well Saw IV had the highest release of theaters at 3,183. I'm hopinggggggggggg Saw X's theater locations will even increase leading up to premiere and open in around 3100-3200 theaters. 

22 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think in 2023 with the barren release schedule, that’s a low theatre count and a bit of a red flag.

I wonder if Lionsgate have marketed this enough outside of social media. 

Insidious Red Door only opened to 3,183 theaters, and that was a PG-13 movie. Obviously that was during the summer, but it wasn't during a super packed week. 

Also, Saw has always had a hard time getting theaters because it's a hard R rated movie about torture.... Plus Saw X is releasing wide up against 3 other movies. Paw Patrol, Dumb money and The Creator are all going wide the same weekend. So it's not like this is exactly a wide open date. 3,100 theaters is totally fine for Saw and if it climbs up even higher it could be the highest opening of the series. 

And obviously Lionsgate doesn't have the same pull that other large distributors have, but I think this is totally fine for Saw considering the facts above

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eman92 said:

Insidious Red Door only opened to 3,183 theaters, and that was a PG-13 movie. Obviously that was during the summer, but it wasn't during a super packed week. 

Also, Saw has always had a hard time getting theaters because it's a hard R rated movie about torture.... Plus Saw X is releasing wide up against 3 other movies. Paw Patrol, Dumb money and The Creator are all going wide the same weekend. So it's not like this is exactly a wide open date. 3,100 theaters is totally fine for Saw and if it climbs up even higher it could be the highest opening of the series. 

And obviously Lionsgate doesn't have the same pull that other large distributors have, but I think this is totally fine for Saw considering the facts above

Yes that’s true, I didn’t realise Insidious was so low. 

But I’m thinking now that Saw X won’t make it to $20m OW. Hopefully it does, but we’ll see. 

I know its kinda stupid, but I absolutely love that Lionsgate is doing that, and bringing back the red gears opening. I have such strong memories of that intro as a kid haha. Plus I think its cool that they're doing this to pay homage to the older Saw's and the fact that if Saw X was to have come out after the original Saw it would have had this intro. 

• Like 3