YM!

Saw X | 9/29/23

7 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

Am I delusional for thinking this could open over $30M?

I mean I do think its a possibility. But I am leaning more towards $25M opening at this point. Saw X has been tracking pretty well against The Nun II sales. I think it will all come down to this last week. Lionsgate needs to do a final huge push for Saw X. I think if all the stars align its possible. It's rumored that the movie is a top tier Saw movie. If it does get pretty good reviews (For a Saw Movie), then maybe that can give Saw the edge it needs to do well OW. 

I see the movie making at least $20M OW but now I'm less certain in general really how high it can go. I'm hoping for 30M+ but we'll see! It's tough to know how many true Saw fans there are out there. Plus Jigsaw and Spiral in general have left a poor taste in most people's mouthes about the Saw franchise, so Saw X has to combat that. 

• Like 1

Kevin Greutert is legit. He edited Saw 1-5 and then they gave him the director role for Saw VI which is considered by many one of the only good sequels after Saw III. Like the previous poster stated, he was forced to direct Saw 3D when they were a few weeks out because of a clause in his contract. He was supposed to direct Paranormal Activity 2 and was yanked off the project by Twisted Pictures as a way to delay the film (Which they weren't succesfull at doing).

The fact that Kevin Greutert even came back is a huge testament to the script involved here. This man was royally screwed and so the fact he came back means he must really see potential. And all the rumors point to this being a really good Saw film. The guy is a great director and cares about the franchise. He's also said he was given more freedom than ever before. Lionsgate is very very very restrictive in terms of creative freedom when it comes to the Saw movie so the fact that they also allowed that means they believe in the film. 

Saw (2004) $18.3m $56m $103.1m

50%, C+

Saw II (2005) $31.7m $87m $152.9m

37%, B+

Saw III (2006) $33.6m $80.2m $163.9m

30%, B

Saw IV (2007) $31.8m $63.3m $135.8m

18%, B

Saw V (2008) $30m $56.7m $118.2m

13%, C

Saw VI (2009) $14.1m $27.7m $69.8m

39%, B