YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Biggest animated movie of all time! We aren’t Pixover but Pixulling Back!

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The truth is not trolling. $85M would, in fact, be really bad.

Inside Out 2, a sequel to a $356M grossing hit from a decade ago, should not be opening lower than Inside Out, an original film. it's like if Avatar 2 opened lower than 1 or something like that. 

You’re seriously calling 85M in a year with a lot of 30-ish OW’s “really bad?”

please touch some grass 

I would get if it dropped from 130 to 85, but 90 to 85M is really whatever at maximum 

Edited by ThomasNicole

Tbh i really don’t know why these numbers keeps being discussed as facts 3 weeks before the movie opens to call it a flop

I mean sure it can open with 85 which would be fine. It can also have a late surge which is kinda normal for animated movies and opens with 95-100

Ar least wait before throwing a tantrum 

• Like 7

I just think in general the expectation of every sequel from Disney and marvel blowing past its predecessors need to stop. It’s not really normal. Especially it’s a very different market right now. 85 would be great imo. 

22 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

please touch some grass 

I would get if it dropped from 130 to 85, but 90 to 85M is really whatever at maximum 

gladiator GIF

• Like 2

Honestly an 85 million baseline is good. And if it accelerates it’ll likely cross 100m in its opening weekend. I have it pegged at 110m for the weekend if it accelerates similar to other backloaded films. If it really over performs, 120-130m on the HIGH END

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

please touch some grass 

Sorry, it's just that I'm personally not satisfied with the numbers. I don't want this movie to fail or anything.

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Sorry, it's just that I'm personally not satisfied with the numbers. I don't want this movie to fail or anything.

Dude it's not going to fail. You really need to chill.

There is a lot of pressure for IO2 to make a ton of money in order to save the summer which I think is unfair. It will also be up to DM4 and Deadpool to pick up the slack after so many bombs in May.

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

There is a lot of pressure for IO2 to make a ton of money in order to save the summer which I think is unfair. It will also be up to DM4 and Deadpool to pick up the slack after so many bombs in May.

Unless they all bombGrinch Smile GIF

10 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Dude it's not going to fail. You really need to chill.

I said "I don't want this movie to fail or anything" just in case somebody thought I was calling the numbers bad because I have a personal bias against this movie or something. I don't, I WANT it to do well. I don't actually think it's going to fail lol.

Posted (edited)

I doubt $80M-$85M is actually going to stick come opening weekend. I'm probably committing some sort of fallacy here, but no Pixar film in the last 15 years has actually opened smack in the range of tracking. They've all either over- or underperformed tracking on opening weekend by a fairly sizeable margin. Granted, most of the underperformers are from 2019 onward, but three of those had lesser prospects and had early reception working against them.

I think Inside Out 2 has good odds to overperform. If it doesn't, well then we'll just watch Deadpool and Despicable Me blow up in July.

Edited by PNF2187
  • Like 2

last  animate disney movie did good was like frozen 2 before pandemic? 😨

we need to agree Disney is the most damaged by his own streaming platform cause people are like this movie is disney, i have disney plus, i already pay for disney, i'm gonna wait to it...

First thing they should be is working again on their windows and promoting things with "only on theaters for 6 months!" or well even more cause could be better 😇

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

last  animate disney movie did good was like frozen 2 before pandemic? 😨

we need to agree Disney is the most damaged by his own streaming platform cause people are like this movie is disney, i have disney plus, i already pay for disney, i'm gonna wait to it...

First thing they should be is working again on their windows and promoting things with "only on theaters for 6 months!" or well even more cause could be better 😇

Frozen II was also the last animated sequel Disney released. Elemental is the highest grossing original animated film of the decade, aside from Mario (which isn't original) all of the hit animated films from Universal are sequels. 

Inside Out 2 and Moana 2 are the very least both going to outgross Elemental, more likely going to be $700-800m+, it will just be proof that audiences (especially families) want something familiar/known when it comes to spending money to go see a movie.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Much as I adore Turning Red, I'm actually not too cut up over the news that the autobiographical strain in Pixar movies will be pushed against. Domee Shi still has a movie coming up and I'm curious how it will be. I'm only mildly disappointed in the Bloomberg piece.

I guess the idea is they need to make original movies exactly like Toy Story or Monsters Inc, and I'm not sure you can do that just by tamping down on certain expressions.

Edited by cannastop

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

please touch some grass 

What even was the last animated sequel to an original that failed to outopen its predecessor? The one that's coming to mind for me would be Kung fu Panda 2, and I don't think anyone would argue against me if I said its domestic run was disappointing. And I don't think this has ever happened to Pixar especially, as even Cars 2 (!) managed to open over the original, obviously failing to match its final gross in the end.

It wouldn't be a disaster, but if IO2 lands in that tracking range, I don't see why we need to spend so much time trying to spin it as a success story that leaves everyone happy. Theaters will take anything at this point, and both Disney/Pixar will be glad to just get an animated film make some theatrical profit, but a sequel to Inside Out should be a smash, not a "well, atleast it didn't tank!".

It would be a disappointing opening.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

26 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

What even was the last animated sequel to an original that failed to outopen its predecessor? The one that's coming to mind for me would be Kung fu Panda 2, and I don't think anyone would argue against me if I said its domestic run was disappointing. And I don't think this has ever happened to Pixar especially, as even Cars 2 (!) managed to open over the original, obviously failing to match its final gross in the end.

It wouldn't be a disaster, but if IO2 lands in that tracking range, I don't see why we need to spend so much time trying to spin it as a success story that leaves everyone happy. Theaters will take anything at this point, and both Disney/Pixar will be glad to just get an animated film make some theatrical profit, but a sequel to Inside Out should be a smash, not a "well, atleast it didn't tank!".

It would be a disappointing opening.

Thank you holy shit lmao